• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Just Found the Greatest Buying Tool (to-date)

spam-classic-455.png

OK.... I'll admit that our comedy is a little dry up in here. After all, we are car biz people!!!
giphy.gif

But... The reason your post got the MEGA spam image is because that's exactly what it looked like. BTW, that website isn't solely dedicated to the automotive industry and people in it. If you read the FAQ's (http://usedfirst.com/faq/), the dev's take the liberty to tell you exactly why the site was built. If you want to elaborate on why you think it's the greatest buying tool, that would be awesome. I'm sure we all would like to hear your reasoning on why you think it is. Personally, I would.
upload_2019-9-8_23-30-56.png

OK.... I'll admit that our comedy is a little dry up in here. After all, we are car biz people!!!
giphy.gif

But... The reason your post got the MEGA spam image is because that's exactly what it looked like. BTW, that website isn't solely dedicated to the automotive industry and people in it. If you read the FAQ's (http://usedfirst.com/faq/), the dev's take the liberty to tell you exactly why the site was built. If you want to elaborate on why you think it's the greatest buying tool, that would be awesome. I'm sure we all would like to hear your reasoning on why you think it is. Personally, I would.
View attachment 4296
I said this website, the one we are conversing on, was made for the automotive world. Not the link to thr site that i posted. Regardless, its all irrelevant i didnt post a detailed "follow me" because i wanted to see how other people interpreted the data. For me its simple, that site pretty much displays when a vehicles price point begins to drive demand upwards due to the depreciation its facin . So in a nutshell take a vehicle model, then find identify its highest trim level with respect to $$$ (msrp) . Next find the prime year for that model where depreciation has had about a 50%-65% impact against msrp (sometimes 3 model years within that range), then go to manheim and find that car with a CR no lower than a 3.4 CR. 9/10 what youll have yourself with is a C2M of 87% or lower, with an ability to price 91-94% of market, and generally speaking an mds of 65 days or less. Theres obviously more that goes into it for me personally but its all circumstantial . As long as you can critcally evaluate on the fly this process def. beats reading through run lists. Eventually youll begin to fly through entire market segments with make and model almost being irrelevant to an extent.

Last edited: