• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Klout + Twitter

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I left twitter open most of the day yesterday to be reminded why I usually only use it during conferences now: Klout. I counted some stuff up and estimate that 68% of the tweets in my stream are about Klout.
  • I gave @_____ +K in blah.
  • @____ gave me +K in blah.
What is the infatuation with Klout? I even experimented to see if anyone is paying attention to non-Klout stuff by tweeting some things that would usually get retweeted, but alas.... just more Klout. This Klout infatuation has inspired me to give you all a new hashtag: Klout + Boner = #KLONER

You see #KLONER, that means you've got a Klout boner. See you all on twitter :)

Reactions: 4 people
I left twitter open most of the day yesterday to be reminded why I usually only use it during conferences now: Klout. I counted some stuff up and estimate that 68% of the tweets in my stream are about Klout.
What is the infatuation with Klout? I even experimented to see if anyone is paying attention to non-Klout stuff by tweeting some things that would usually get retweeted, but alas.... just more Klout. This Klout infatuation has inspired me to give you all a new hashtag: Klout + Boner = #KLONER

I feel like I just cheated on my wife reading this...

I just spent 20 minutes of my life going through your tweets trying to find something ReTweet-worthy. I finally gave up and then "Gave @axsnyder +K about having a raging #Kloner on @klout "

Reactions: 2 people

:rofl: at #Kloner! Nice Alex, that is funny!

I have tried Klout, given Klout, gotten Klout (never Kloner) and other than it being some glorified "hey look at me" bs I dont see what the big deal is except some social recognition that you are on social media too much! My question, is it going to benefit me in any way, and how will if so? I don't see Klout helping me sell cars??

Now Ed loves Klout, thats his thing and I don't have a problem with it. But what does get me like Alex said is all the damn "I gave...." and "I got..." crap that fills my Twitter feed up. I really use Twitter as a source of info for our industry and the Klout thing can get annoying just like 4 Square. And to the 4 Square BS, could someone please find a way to delete Ralph Paglia from 4 Square. I like getting Ralph's twitter updates on certain things to read, but I could care less how many times a week he is in Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport or how to #TravelLikeRalph. But that's his thing.

What is the point, other being wanting to get some badges, have everyone know where you are at all times, what you're eating, or giving kudoo's just because Klout says Alex likes Lighthouses?

Aw shit, stop the press, my Klout score just fell -1 to 47!!! This is a horrible day!

Here is a good article I read the other day from one of my Twitter feeds, "Why I Quit Klout"

By the way, I am going to give all my Klout to Alex on Lighthouses and Ed on McDonalds from here on out!

Reactions: 4 people
And to the 4 Square BS, could someone please find a way to delete Ralph Paglia from 4 Square.

:lmao: Ralph likes to check in at
32153691@N02.jpg
a lot.

Reactions: 2 people
Should I even bother with Klout? Give it to me straight people!
As Arnold wrote on his blog Bacon + Klout = Winning! I see very little (no) business value from Klout, but I do have fun with it. Maybe if I was in the Social Media 'business' my opinion would be different.

(I can tell you that my Klout Score has improved 1 point the past day. I'm now a 54! I'm proud as a peacock baby! Watch out @stansher - I'm coming after you)

Check this out. I am not sure exactly how Klout figures its score, but here is something interesting.
Klout.jpg

My Klout score is 46, its down -0.25 in the last day. I tested how I get Klout and how much someone giving me Klout counts by having the dealerships Klout account give me Klout. And Ed Brooks gave me Klout in the last day. So if I got 3 +K in last 24 hours, why is my Klout score down -0.25?