• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Alexander Lau

Banned
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
I remember companies that hacked videos (dynamically, until Google put the kaibosh on them) for lead submissions back in the early 2000's. I think LeadPages were one of them. It was only a matter of time before Google injected in lead ads.

https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2018/07/10/google-marketing-live

#5: Lead Ads On YouTube?!
For my money, this is the coolest thing that was mentioned in the entire keynote, yet it inexplicably received little more than lip service. Advertisers have been slaying with Facebook lead ads for some time now, but Google hasn’t had a comparable offering.

Until now…

Lead ads on YouTube will combine the unfathomable reach of the world’s most popular video platform with robust audience targeting and the ability to capture the contact information of valuable top of funnel prospects without asking them to go allllll the way to your website before forking it over.

Google also invented pivot tables! (They’re called “Instant Reports” and they exist to help those who own video ad metrics generate answers at lightning speed).