• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead Bid Inc

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Sad that people spend all this energy dialing for dollars when they just need to do a better job of taking the right approach. Cold calls can work when done properly. It's not about how many you make, it's about the quality of each individual call and the message delivered.

This is how my cold call would go to Eley:

"Good Morning Eley, Jerry Thibeau here with Phone Ninjas. Thank you for taking my call! I promise to keep this call very short, just two minutes or less. My company helps dealerships increase sales by teaching salespeople how to schedule more appointments. The average dealership only appoints 20% of their phone shoppers. Our typical client is averaging 60% appointment ratios. For a dealership receiving 300 phone leads per month, that results in an additional 50 sales per month. Our program is unique and cutting edge and I would like to schedule a 15 minute webinar to show you how we can help your dealership increase sales, are you available today or tomorrow for a quick webinar?" Then be prepared to handle objections. Here a couple questions I might ask as well.

1. "On a scale of one to ten with ten being the best, how would you rate your salespeople on the telephone?" Anything less than 10 would represent an opportunity.
2. Why don't I provide you with a free mystery shop of your dealership and then we can go over the results together in a webinar.

People want to know their is an end in site when taking a call, thus I tell them it's going to be a very short call. A serious value proposition statement needs to be delivered that will peek the customers interest. Once delivered, ask for a future appointment. That appointment can be in person or in the form of a webinar. Never try and deliver a whole presentation in the first phone call. Ask for the appointment with two choices.

Generally my Phone Ninjas sales team does not make cold calls since we recieve a steady stream of leads on a daily basis. The best lead one can get is in the form of a referral, always have your salespeople ask happy customers for a referral. Then ask your customer to do an email introduction. Cold calling is tough and there are better ways to generate business. Giving out free advice is one of the best ways to attract customers. Give them a free taste of what you do and they'll gladly pay you for the rest.

You all need to listen to this horrible sales call: http://stars.phoneninjas.com/badcall

:)

Reactions: 2 people