• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for Dealership Text product feedback

Oct 17, 2011
First Name
Dan
A member of our Sales management staff brought up the idea of potentially using Contact at Once's Text product at the dealerships last week. I haven't done a ton of research on this kind of products and was looking for someone currently using it or something like it to give me some idea of how it is working out. I understand how it works - I mostly am just curious to see some results or testimonials on this SaaS.

Thanks

When I was in house at a dealership we decided to make texting an option on the website. We added around 40-70 leads a month, and didn't lose any phone calls or emails. Texting was primarily used for pre-owned vehicles, with the majority being used vehicles under $10k.

That being said, I couldn't tell you if it actually increased sales. The text messages, even to this day, are basically "do you still have this car?" After that they usually just walk in. These people would have probably came in anyways, but it was great to have that point of contact to start things off on the right foot. Our BDC Manager was paid on gross for the stores he managed, so he wasn't concerned about these customers not coming through his department. If you were on a payment structure that required that I'm sure you could find a way to get them to give up their names.

Dan, I'm gonna inspect CaO's tool b/c it's something we've been thinking about. I talked with a place last week about this, textstr I think. My understanding is that another point of contact is always good, is that why you're looking at a texting solution, too? Thanks.