• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for ILM wisdom!

LHPPOP

Green Pea
Feb 17, 2010
First Name
Nick
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on two companies that I have narrowed my search down to for ILM providers. I developed an launched our BDC just 6 months to the date and am contemplating a change in ILMs. We are currently using Autobase, but I feel that it is lacking in basic ILM abilities. I would like to get the deaprtment up an running on a web based ILM asap.

The two companies that I have narrowed my search down to are IMagiclabs and e-Leads Evo 2. I have read other discussion threads regarding Imagic but have not seen much out there on e-Leads. Per my research, both companies seem to offer similar programs and capabilities but I am interested in hearing some expert opinions! If anyone can help me, it would be much appretiated as I want to be sure prior to making the transition.

Just one other item, have any of you heard of ichat intergrated into either of these two systems?

Thanks,
Nick

I'll throw my hat in the ring as someone who can talk about iMagicLab. My experience with eLeads was simply through a few product demos and meetings, so I can't say much about them. They were a top contender for our CRM business about 2 years ago.

As for chat:

iMagicLab was the original company that got us (Checkered Flag) into chat. They had a version, about 5 years ago, that was designed for starting chats based off of email communication. We took it a step further and put it on our website. The only problem with it was you could never turn the chat with us icon off or deliver some sort of out of the office message. So every day we'd walk into chat requests from 3:00 AM that were really nasty. But anyway....

Today, iMagicLab has just launched chat again. I've been playing around with their newest version and it works fantastically with the CRM. There are a couple of things I would need for a multi-franchised dealer group with a centralized Internet BDC department, but if I was a single store, I'd turn it on right now!

Do you have any specific questions about anything with iMagicLab?

Autobase is a server based. I cannot access the system from anywhere but the dealership b/c the owner does not want my pc set up. The image portal is a cumbersome to use. The system does not have e-brochure technology. The ILM reporting is poor and does not provide information to level that I require in form of conversion rates or even initial response times. The system does not have set up SPAM indicators for e-mail blasts to help reduce messages getting caught in spam. Any PBM e-mails have a lag time on the show end on our side, so it is difficult to monitor when the actual initial response was sent. The daily run function is limited to only one send out (e-mail) per day at the same time of day (i.e. daily run time).

The support on the other hand is EXCELLENT. We have a great rep whom is available whenever I need him, makes monthly contacts and is a pleasure to work with.

Any other suggestions or insights on e-Leads ILM specifically would be great. Seems as if Alex will be my man for info on the Imagic side. Any other comments greatly appretiated.

Nick

:iagree:

The system does not have set up SPAM indicators for e-mail blasts to help reduce messages getting caught in spam.

Actually they do have an Exact Target integration that would take care of this issue for you. I'm sure it comes with a price though.

I love the fact that it takes 5 clicks to send an attachment with an email.

BUT, this thread is about imagic and elead so lets stick to the topic of conversation here.

Have narrowed down the search to these two companies. I actaully have more information on Imagic than I do on e-Leads. Just looking to get some first hand knowledge on specifically the advantages and disadvantages of these two companies when camparing feature for feature. Thanks.

Not sure how quick you are making a decision, but we are going live with eleads ILM in about a month and I would be happy to give you an update after that.

Excellent! Thanks for your assistance and hopefully we can talk once you are installed. I have been combining through the threads looking for anyone who has working knowledge of the program and Ihave founf one person - so I will ask her as well. Thanks for helping.

Nick