• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lot Traffic & Employee Location Tracking

ChrisR

Boss
Oct 12, 2015
First Name
Christian
Probably 5 years ago, or so, I had a bookmark/saved email from a company that had some cool tech for lots. It included RFID tags that go on each employee name tag, plus mobile phone signal trackers on the lot.

If you had a cluster of phones on the lot, without an employee name badge around them, you knew you had people not being helped on the lot.

I was saving it for when we had our new store, then ended up taking a different opportunity. Left that email address behind, and can't recall the company name, and haven't had luck with my google-fu on finding it again.

Anybody know what I am talking about, or know anyone that may have a solution that would fit those parameters?

Get Podium

Jeff Kershner

Founder
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
@ChrisR I do remember, and I too bookmarked a few of these services and found a few others not too long ago...

Reactions: ChrisR

ChrisR

Boss
Oct 12, 2015
First Name
Christian
@ChrisR I do remember, and I too bookmarked a few of these services and found a few others not too long ago...

Thanks! My Dealer lot was definitely one that I had bookmarked. Now to see if I can keep looking for the mobile phone / employee name badge tech.

Reactions: Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau

Under the Bridge
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
Fuck yeah.. I'd track their asses! Most principles are nowhere to be found on their properties. Where's my money going?