• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Money to be made selling buying and selling to/from auctions?

Maddie.A

Green Pea
Mar 12, 2020
First Name
Madelaine
Hi all,

My name is Maddie, fairly new to the industry. I have a small independent dealership that I am still trying to grow. I've been wanting to know more about profiting from buying and selling from one auction to another. I know there are many variables, incuding: location, types of cars, audience, etc.

I'm hoping someone can share their experience, any advice, tips on how to begin this journey? I have heard this can be a successful business in itself. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Retail My Ride
Well, buying from one auction and selling to another one isn't a bad idea, but as you said, there are too many variables. I would never do that because most of these auctions have an insane amount of customers and cars, so I don't think it's cost-effective. As I know, some of the auctions have unofficial partnerships, so they would better sell it directly to the other auction rather than sell it to you.

Well, buying from one auction and selling to another one isn't a bad idea, but as you said, there are too many variables. I would never do that because most of these auctions have an insane amount of customers and cars, so I don't think it's cost-effective. As I know, some of the auctions have unofficial partnerships, so they would better sell it directly to the other auction rather than sell it to you. If you really want to make some extra money on trading, you should do that somewhere else. I mean, on forex or on the stock market. Using the tools from LINK REMOVED , will make this job even more accessible. Just let your dealership work as it works, and you can start trading.
if you are not sure about doing it, I recommend you to wait a bit before doing something that you might regret

Last edited by a moderator: