• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Monster, Indeed, Craigslist, Linkedin... Where should I be advertising Sales and FI jobs?

Oct 17, 2011
First Name
Dan
Hi Refreshers - I am looking for some advice. Recently our Business Operations Manager has been asking me where the best place to advertise Sales Person, Sales Manager, FI, and Commercial Truck Manager positions. We've been using craigslist with marginal success but recently the quality of candidates is not as good as it once was. We built our own Employment site which we link to on each of our websites but even that hasn't yielded anyone fantastic of late. We've tried Linkedin but the candidate pool is usually looking for crazy money.

My question is where do you guys post job listings and what kind of results are you getting. This is far from my area of expertise so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel, our dealer group uses a company called Hyrell. http://www.hyrell.com/

You can build a bank of job descriptions online and post jobs when needed. Once posted they syndicate the job listing to a lot of job seeker websites. The email communications between the job seeker and dealership are all handled within the system. If you have any sort of pre-screening tests they will upload that for you. All of the pre-employment forms are uploaded into the system also so that they can be completed online. Some of our stores use it more than others, but all of them have hired some great people as a result of the ad postings. Hope this helps.