• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

My Visit To Dealer.Com

Sep 16, 2009
First Name
Mitchell
:DI've always been a skeptic. I guess it was my Brooklyn upbringing or twenty seven plus years in the auto industry but all I know it's there. I've dealt with all the big Website companies and have found most of them to either be too rigid in their thinking or they lacked ability to get my vision across the way I want it. When I accepted this position at Precision Acura and I began to deal with Dealer.Com I began to see they actually listened to what I had to say and seemed generally interested in my business.

Of course that was before the "Acura OEM Approved" website and believe me was I skeptical. I've lived through the Mercedes-Benz and VW OEM programs and I was expecting another catastrophe. I don't know how Dealer.Com did it but not only were my fears laid to rest immediately when I saw how great the design choices were but when I saw I could change designs, pages, videos, add pages etc on my own in minutes I was ecstatic!

After about three months on the Acura program I was invited up to beautiful Burlington Vermont to meet with Dealer.Com and go over not only their vision and what they have coming out but, and this is the amazing part, they listened to me! You read that right! I had all these department heads of the various Dealer.Com divisions actually listening to my ideas, my wants, my desires, everything! I also noticed something that is so rare these days. Everyone really liked the work they were doing! They had energy, intelligence, and a great attitude. My respect for Dealer.Com is unmatched and I believe I am in awesome hands as long as they don't lose their focus and energy! From what I saw, that will not happen but as the eternal skeptic, I'll be watching!:hello:

Last edited:
Working on our Dealer.com site now we have had a few communication issues but nothing to keep me from being impressed by their vision, company values, ideas and of course the great facility in Burlington. The flexibility we have for building our own pages etc... within the back end of our site is something we're not used to and are very happy to have as well.

Looking forward to having a few "board meetings" in Vermont this winter!

They speak very highly of you as well!

Probably not this week :lol:

They're enjoying my extremely patient, easy-going, politically correct, and just overly complimentary nature right now. Oh yeah, the fun of launching the rather large site we just redesigned....but we're making good progress ;)

Here was my Dealer.com visit - in case you want to see some photos.

DDC has been great! Account reps have been awesome. CanadaTrader buying out the Canadian rights...not so cool.

You are on the dime about the Canadian version. I provide service on many dealer.com websites in the U.S. and they are great to deal with, and always come through....that says a lot when they are dealing with a vendor. On the other hand when we were getting our code installed on the Auto Trader version in Canada it was the worst experience we have had dealing with a website vendor....Overall Dealer.com in the U.S. is on top of their game. :)

Shereef