• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New FCA Website Options

I think as the website companies keep growing and more dealers are going outside of DDC with the other providers. The OEM's want to offer it as a benefit to the dealer but in reality the OEM's need that shopper and visitor data the dealer websites collect. There's no free lunch. They may show you what your getting and pump it up really nice but... they won't tell you what they're taking!! You gotta remember, that site provider has a relationship with the OEM and then you! Not the other way around!

You nailed it. Really makes me sad, too (in a non-emotional, business kinda way). We choose one of the vendors on this list because of their independence from OEM programs (amongst other things, of course)...and then they show up on this list. Disappointing.

On a related note, I'm curious to see what they are even doing with the data they collect. It certainly doesn't filter down to us in any cogent fashion and I'm not seeing them doing anything earth shattering with it, either. A new TV spot with a car doing a burnout? Meh.

Maybe I've been listening to too much Gary Vee this month...

Reactions: CortneyAS
You're absolutely correct, Mr. Lau, and maybe I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. At least we have some options now.

I do feel like I can go home early today, though, and crack open a new bottle of Makers. Your list mirrors mine and I consider you much more informed in this field than I can ever be. Thanks for the reinforcement!

Reactions: Alexander Lau
You're absolutely correct, Mr. Lau, and maybe I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. At least we have some options now.

I do feel like I can go home early today, though, and crack open a new bottle of Makers. Your list mirrors mine and I consider you much more informed in this field than I can ever be. Thanks for the reinforcement!
HA HA... SWIG SWIG SWIG! thanks man... good luck

Reactions: AdamMurray