• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Industry Stats Company Released!

Alex Jefferson

Bone King
Apr 7, 2009
First Name
Alex
I was amazed at some of the new stats released at the 6th annual Digital Dealer Conference in Las Vegas. Check them out

• 95% of consumers use the internet as a means for shopping for a vehicle, and 75% of these customers submit lead via third party sites.
  • There were 19.6 billion videos watched in the month of Feb 2009 representing a 67.8% increase from Feb 2008.
  • Videos are 18.7 times more likely to get first page placement than a "regular" website. In the next 6 months videos will occupy 84.6 percent all all pages indexed through universal search on Google.
  • Customers are 85.4% more likely to submit a lead on your website when you have a trade evaluation tool.
  • Adding Chat to your website will increase website leads by 108%
  • The dealers that have attend the Digital Dealer Conference over the last 18 months have combined to account fo 50% of all the internet sales in the US.
These stats provided to you by BS-Stats.com owned and operated by Alex Jefferson and Kevin Frye LLC. :lol:

Vendors please let us know if you would like our services. BS-Stats.com provides vendors with stats proven to boost your sales by 734.39% :D in 36 months GUARANTEED or your money BACK!

:banghead:
You totally had me from the start, three lines in i'm already trying to process how I'm going to pitch this at the boss.... what a sucker! I was so pumped about the DDC. I thought I'd punched my ticket to a nice weekend in Vegas or LA...wherever it may be next year... DAMN

:rofl:

If people in our industry are truly throwing statistics around like that..then HELL, I really need Take DealerRefresh ON THE ROAD - DEALERREFRESH Consulting

That's absurd.

95% of consumers use the Internet as a means for shopping for a vehicle, and 75% of these customers submit lead via third party sites.

Who said that crap??

That's what scares me about some of those conferences. There's some crazy false information being thrown around.

Alex and I had a great time with this... (and I mentioned it in the review I just emailed over to you Jeff). I was thinking I should lead a session at the next conference and start out with some statements like "Did you know that only 8% of people ever look at the Internet before coming in to buy a car?" and then profess to be the expert and see how many people would bite, LOL!

This was actually a quote from a vendor "Adding Chat to your website will increase website leads by 108%". The other numbers were a little fudged but I'll tell ya...We did hear some stuff that made us go HUH, HMM, WHAT!

Kevin and I were discussing the fact that you only need about 2 1/2 weeks worth of training and go on the road as a vendor proclaiming yourself as an 'EXPERT". Then you just go around with your own "personalized" statistics.

Kevin, I don't think we should sleep on this man...I think we can come up with waaaaaaaaaay better BS stats that actually sound real. We'll charge 20,000 for our full blown out system. We'll go on the road and sell 500 vendors and retire. Let me know what you think...Darn break time ova got get back to it.