• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Photo Capture Strategy (Halloween Hoax Vid)

@Mitch Gallant where can I find one of these undead to take over the photo operations here at MBH?

But seriously, what exactly was the point of the video?
  • Job placement / Photographer position for hire
  • Congratulating the previous undead for moving over to the sales department
  • Anyone can take photos of your inventory - though they will never be perfect
Since stepping back on the frontline I took over the merchandising (photos, videos, comments, etc) of our pre-owned inventory. It's had a profound difference on our pre-owned sales but I've got to get the new car photo operations out of the hands of our lot guy. Not that he does a bad job, but it is what it is to him... a job and there's no way I can do it. I'd like to eventually find that perfect merchandiser, allowing me to move faster on other projects.

BTW - website looking great. I have 2 questions for you:

1. How's that chat box on the right side performing? Because it was driving me bonkers as I was going through your inventory. Trinity wouldn't take a hint and get lost.
2. As big as you're into video, how comes no video strategy with your inventory?

But seriously, what exactly was the point of the video?
We shot it for a local video ad campaign on Facebook. Nothing more than that, trying to do something fun and different for Halloween.
How's that chat box on the right side performing? Because it was driving me bonkers as I was going through your inventory. Trinity wouldn't take a hint and get lost.
Great question. It's only been live for a few weeks. That's a good reminder to watch some of our hotjar recordings and look at results. It's hard to quantify cx for me but I hope hotjar will tell me something by watching users. It's a laborious task and I tend to look at lead performance in isolation.
As big as you're into video, how comes no video strategy with your inventory?
Man, this is a tough nut. We have awesome employees that take our photos but they don't know cars or how to do a demo so a good product video isn't in their wheelhouse. We're thinking a good guy salesman who can't hit #'s might be a good fit and have started considering who and how but it's at least 6 months out before we realistically have a consistent process implemented. It's not as easy as it seems at scale - I know you know that, but when you really look at putting your shoulder into it and doing it right it's a helluva process to design.