• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Reynolds and Reynolds process to prevent third party data collection.

jarky

Made Draw
May 19, 2010
First Name
Brian
Reynolds is at it again with a new process to prevent third party data collections. It appears they are rolling out or maybe just testing at this point a change where some users IDs are being disabled automatically. Presumably because Reynolds has made a determination they are IDs in use by a third party vendor. Once triggered any attempt to log in with an affected ID presents a "USER ID DISABLED DUE TO AUTOMATED ACCESS ATTEMPTS" message.

Admins do not have the ability to unlock or view the affected IDs in 6210. Seems the only resolution is to create a new ID for the vendor. I have heard of some very limited success contacting Reynolds and asking (more like demanding) the ID be unlocked, but it seems their standard response is to say the vendor needs to be RCI certified. Sadly while they provide this instructions Reynolds themselves refuses to even entertain certifying some vendors.

I even hear some cases where actual dealership employee ID's, who do a lot of reporting, have been locked.

Here is another thread form dealershipforums.com
http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671

I realize the percentage of Reynolds dealers affected is still small, but is anyone else running into this message? Has anyone affected had any luck talking to Reynolds or received any info on the change from our friends in Dayton?

Last edited:
Jarky,

I have a dealership who I do IT consulting for... they have asked me how this new RR policy will affect them, and I do not know the answer...

They currently run a series of WIS scripts in 7601 via the ERA Access scheduler every night... are they going to have their logons frozen, as you say? This is the dealer using his own logons to run a internal set of reports from ERA Access using scheduler. Any idea?

They currently run a series of WIS scripts in 7601 via the ERA Access scheduler every night... are they going to have their logons frozen, as you say? This is the dealer using his own logons to run a internal set of reports from ERA Access using scheduler.

We all know *why* ReyRey is performing this bullshit: to stifle competition.

I am a dealer. I utilize the scheduler as well for internal reporting. I am not ReyRey's competition. If one of my accounts get locked I will be on the phone with my Reynolds "Advocate" before the server even closes my port.

@Jarky: No word from ReyRey regarding this change, but also no problems with any of our ERA accounts being locked.

Last edited: