• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Newbie: Website Providers

ChrisB

Rust & Dust
Mar 1, 2011
First Name
Chris
Hello All,

I am a new ISM for a new Ford Dealership that will be opening in the next 90-120 days.As part of my duties I will be responsible for the management of the dealership website. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good website provider. It seems that many of those that do CRM/ILM also offer dealer websites.

Is this a good way to set things up?

Should I look at an different provider than who is doing the CRM/ILM?

Any advice to question you might have for me please let me know.

Chris -

Hello again! You will have more options to choose from in website providers than CRM/ILM providers and this can be pretty tricky. We are seeing a consolidation and partnerships between CRM and Website providers. I for one use eCarlist for all my sites and have been with them for about a year and a half. Their inventory management system in slicker than snot (True Target), SEO has been great for me, and customer service is top notch. Jason Miller is my contact there and he can be reached at 214.722.8205.

Feel free to take a look at Jerry Durant Auto Group - Fort Worth | Toyota | Cadillac | Chevrolet | GMC | Hyundai | Dallas | DFW or Park Place Texas Auto Dealers in Dallas | Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Porsche & Luxury Vehicles in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Bedford, Grapevine & Plano. My site is the Jerry's one and Park Place is a high line dealer in my neck of the woods and I love their site.

With that said - there are a ton of vendors to choose from and can easily make your head spin even more. I recommend not skimping on either of the two questions you brought up - CRM/ILM and Websites. You have to invest in order to be a leader in the marketplace.

Are their uber cheap sites and ILM's out there - you betcha! Are there uber expensive ones - YES! What's best is to figure out what your budgets are looking like and then do your homework.

Feel free to message me or drop me an email with any questions. Would love to help in any way I can. I have been in your shoes and its a lot to take all in. HA!