• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

OEM Approved Websites Vs. Dealership Exclusive WebsitesAs most manufacturers now have approved Websi

Re: OEM Approved Websites Vs. Dealership Exclusive WebsitesAs most manufacturers now have approved Website vendors that they force dealerships to use in order to receive the OEM leads, how many of you have a Dealership Exclusive Website as well and W

We have our own exclusive sites and the OEM required sites. As a large group, we want consistency across all of our sites with presentation and branding, and use the OEM sites because we are required. I cannot say I am happy about that, but that is the hand of cards we have been dealt..

Re: OEM Approved Websites Vs. Dealership Exclusive WebsitesAs most manufacturers now have approved Website vendors that they force dealerships to use in order to receive the OEM leads, how many of you have a Dealership Exclusive Website as well and W

I hear the average dealer has 2.9 websites.

I can tell you that the OEM's who forced websites on Checkered Flag were partnering with the wrong vendors. It wasn't that those vendors were incredibly bad; it was more that there were far superior solutions. I partnered with those superior solutions and dragged my feet on the force-fed ones. This is how we ended up with 2 websites for those particular franchises. When one of those superior solutions was "forced" by one of our OEM's I was ecstatic and immediately started making changes to only have 1 main franchise site for that OEM.

P.S. Mitchell - this is the longest title ever.