Open Recall vehicle reports and OPTIONS

Burt Lewis

Peel'm off the Ceiling
Aug 2, 2018
Awards
First Name
Burt
Good afternoon,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but we are an independent used dealer who has been using the AutoCheck Open Recall Inventory Check Report to keep up with our recalls. Unfortunately the reports stopped coming and we can't get an answer as to why so we are looking at other options. Carfax recently raised the price on their package so they are out. Does anyone know where else or who else provides dealers with weekly open recall lists? We do not want to manually enter each VIN. Thank you!

No answers, let me ask this a different way. Aside from checking each VIN manually, how does everyone stay on top of new or active open recalls? We are a used only independent with 100 vehicles and have been using AutoCheck's weekly open recall email reports but having trouble receiving accurate data and consistent reports. We have used carfax's open recalls report in the past but are no longer a carfax customer. Does anyone know of a service other than AutoCheck or carfax that we can subscribe to that will show open recalls for our active inventory? Thank you!

If you are a Carfax dealer, you can log onto your Dealership Dashboard to look at all outstanding recalls in your inventory.

If you are a Frazer dealer, you may find that they have a partner that could provide this on a bulk level.

Otherwise, I don't know how you would go about it.

We don't subscribe to carfax any longer but when we did we used their recall data. AutoCheck includes a recall/safety notice report but it's extremely unstable to the point where it stopped being sent 3 weeks ago. Numerous calls started the emails up a few days ago and we received 3 so far all with a list of ZERO recalls. If anyone has any bulk recall data retrieval options, please let me know. Thank you.

We don't subscribe to carfax any longer but when we did we used their recall data. AutoCheck includes a recall/safety notice report but it's extremely unstable to the point where it stopped being sent 3 weeks ago. Numerous calls started the emails up a few days ago and we received 3 so far all with a list of ZERO recalls. If anyone has any bulk recall data retrieval options, please let me know. Thank you.
Hi Burt, where you able to get any good responses? You might want to check these guys out.

Their recalls API works wonders and can help you with any bulk recall retrieval issues you have

Hope this helps