• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Penguin 2.0 Is Here!

This video from Matt Cuts was released on May 13th. I know, I know, 10 days ago?!?! That is ancient history.

Best part might be when he says "Now, things could change" ;)

Joe, can you explain what you are seeing "everywhere" in layman's terms? Also, is this latest hard nudge for G+ adoption by business' new today too?
recent posts.jpg

As I start to go through some of my sites today I've seen a few dealerships fall off the map. As in, we were fighting for the #1 spot, and now they are gone. I checked out an obvious link network in our industry that I thought would be hit, but they adjusted their strategy sometime in the last month. They were going for all keyword rich links in the network, but switched to just do branded links. Just goes to show that Joe was right when he said that Google gives car dealers a break on these updates.

Here's some articles about Penguin, and another update that just rolled out:
Penguin 4, With Penguin 2.0 Generation Spam-Fighting, Is Now Live
Google Domain Clustering Update? | Justin Briggs

Right now there is a bug in the domain clustering update, so if you use site command searches, site:domain.com, you will only see a limited number of listings. This update makes it easier for your competitors to sneak into your main keywords like "Toyota Dallas." So, optimizing your Social Media, and giving it some link love would be a good idea to continue to fill up those results against your competitors.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't seen many changes up here in Canada.
A few of our sites gained traction under "used cars" related terms, but most of the stores stayed steady for anything location or brand based (ie: Toronto toyota).

Reactions: 1 person