• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Phone system sofware

Robert B.

Full Sticker
Sep 18, 2014
First Name
Robert
I'm looking for some type of call center software that integrates with our phone systems. Basically I'm trying to figure out a good method to ensure everyone in our BDC gets a fair shot and answering phone ups. The best way I know to do this is to have all the phones ring at once. My IT guy tells me this is not possible unless we have some special type of call center software that will enable said capability.

Are any of you familiar with this?

Robert, you may want to be a bit more specific to features you're looking for, like.. call recording, caller ID, expected reporting, etc.

First and foremost, you're looking to have the ability to ring the phone line(s) of the agent that's next available. You may want to do a few relevant searches on Google to give you some more insight and ideas on what you're looking for and what to prepare for in the near future. I would also contact your current hardware/software telecomm provider for advise. They may have some simple cost effective solutions to get you started.

Maybe @MikeHaeg could provide a bit more insight or not.

I'm not sure who we use as a provider(I think it's a service that ADP provides) but when our receptionist identifies a sales call she transfers it to a "Hunt Group" that rings all the phones in our BDC. Before that I've been able to set up a separate phone for the calls to go to, the first rep to pick up that extension from their phone got the call.

Sounds to me like you just want a basic call hunt and/or multiring (called different things by different people) -- You want one extension number that the operator (or anyone) can transfer calls to, that will ring all the phones in your BDC?

ADP phone systems have the full capability to do a hunt group and/or multi-ring. I have never seen a dealership on ADP phones that have not been able to accomplish this. Now, I was never aware that ADP charged for this functionality separately, as all the dealers I have ever been with have had the option. Thinking about it, it would be really lame if they charge separately - maybe your IT guy misunderstood the request?

Might want to have your IT guy and you together call the phone system provider and verify what you want, and if they do charge for it.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I just think my IT guy was a bit misinformed. Coming from an organization that already had everything setup to one that doesn't has definitely been quite the learning process. I appreciate all the help.