• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Please Help me stop the clock-One Source

Feb 17, 2010
First Name
David
I need help with response time to meet the SFE requirements.
As of today ytd out of 318 SFE leads I'm at 1:20 average response time, with 100% answered. My problem, probably like a few of you out there, are the leads coming in while I'm asleep! All of my over 5 hour leads have come in between midnight and 3am. I'm at 94.3% under 5 hours, and I need a game plan to help get that number up. Will someone please let me know what they are doing to solve this problem, and possibly give me a list of companies that will stop the clock when I can't.
Thanks in advance!

Will someone please let me know what they are doing to solve this problem, and possibly give me a list of companies that will stop the clock when I can't.
Thanks in advance!

I had lined up a 7x24 call center to send out that first response, but when I got no takers for this project, I bailed.

You can call them directly if you want. The guys name is Chris and his number is 315-255-9125.

Just tell him I sent you.

I need help with response time to meet the SFE requirements.
As of today ytd out of 318 SFE leads I'm at 1:20 average response time, with 100% answered. My problem, probably like a few of you out there, are the leads coming in while I'm asleep! All of my over 5 hour leads have come in between midnight and 3am. I'm at 94.3% under 5 hours, and I need a game plan to help get that number up. Will someone please let me know what they are doing to solve this problem, and possibly give me a list of companies that will stop the clock when I can't.
Thanks in advance!

I just sent you a PM....

I am curious to see how soon GM will require a quality response. I was approached by an Internet Director from another GM store who is setting up a Staffed Response Team for after hour leads that can help several dealers. For a small fee per lead of course.

The salesmen in charge of our GM leads is doing just this. When I look at the report, he's answering leads at 11PM and 4AM. I have no idea how he does it!

A 24/7 call center is a much more manageable idea, although costly of course. Another method would be to hire a 3rd shifter at minimum wage to work from home and give a canned response. You'll obviously have accountability with reporting and any good CRM will keep a history of what they say ;)

David,

I have just taken over the GM leads at Cook GM Super Store in Vassar, MI. I keep my blackberry next to my bed at night. My ring tone is by far the most annoying selection available because I know I will do anything to make it stop, in this case wake up and answer the lead. The sad truth is that the more automated responses or templates I use, the poorer the lead quality. I find that treating a lead at 2am in the same manner I treat a lead I receive at 2pm is the best way to attack the issue. The truth is, the job is 24/7 365. The sad thing is that some of the leads coming in this late are suspect at best in regards to quality.

Jason Schnell
Internet Manager
Cook GM Super Store
Vassar, MI
Cook Chevrolet Pontiac Buick | located in Vassar selling new and used Chevrolet Pontiac and Buick cars to Vassar and Saginaw

Sleep light my friend and have a mobile device handy.

I can see the headline already.

http://www.screencast.com/t/OGUyNTY4OGQt

OGUyNTY4OGQt

a%3E