• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Post your blog - bloggers discussion thread

Apr 22, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
By no means do I consider myself a pro blogger or guru, but I do have a secret crush on blogs. I know Scott from The Dealer Blog does some great stuff for dealers.

• What themes are you using??
  • DIY vs outsource ?

I was going to write a blog post titled "Top Candian dealer blogs" but unfortunately there were under 20 blogs that I was able to find. My boy Mitch at Capital Ford in Regina did a great job with their blog: The Capital Ford Tailgate | Regina Ford Dealer Selling New and Used Cars in Regina

Look forward to seeing some dealers blogs and sharing some ideas. Post em up:tiphat:

I am with you Ryan, I am just a beat up old car dog trying to make the best with todays technology not a pro at this whole blogging thing! I do however, recognize the importance of blogs, customer entertainment/information, increasing web presence etc etc etc... I use the Weebly site for our blog page, its free and very user friendly for a moron like me! It is a lot of work when doing it all myself though, I am hoping to reqruit some guest bloggers for additional posts, any sugeestions?
Our blog page is here for anyone interested in offering some feedback!
the Kia Korner, the AllStar Kia blog - the Kia Korner Home

I am with you Ryan, I am just a beat up old car dog trying to make the best with todays technology not a pro at this whole blogging thing! I do however, recognize the importance of blogs, customer entertainment/information, increasing web presence etc etc etc... I use the Weebly site for our blog page, its free and very user friendly for a moron like me! It is a lot of work when doing it all myself though, I am hoping to reqruit some guest bloggers for additional posts, any sugeestions?
Our blog page is here for anyone interested in offering some feedback!
the Kia Korner, the AllStar Kia blog - the Kia Korner Home

ps. that is a bad ass skull and bones!

I fully agree that Wordpress is a must. Thanks for the props Ryan! There are so many great themes available for free that it doesn't make much sense to buy them unless you wanna bust out some micro-sites. Check my F-150 micro built on WP. Ford F-150 Regina

It's a WooThemes premium theme. There's other great premium providers but I find Woo easy to work with.

One of my fav things to do to find themes is poking around on delicious.

I used to have a wordpress blog that was a seperate URL from our main website. I think this was an extremely bad idea. Recently, we have switched our blogging to a subdirectory of our website. Although we rely now on dealer.com's blogging tools, instead of wordpress, the SEO benefits are much greater for our brand.

I fully agree that Wordpress is a must. Thanks for the props Ryan! There are so many great themes available for free that it doesn't make much sense to buy them unless you wanna bust out some micro-sites. Check my F-150 micro built on WP. Ford F-150 Regina

It's a WooThemes premium theme. There's other great premium providers but I find Woo easy to work with.

One of my fav things to do to find themes is poking around on delicious.

That F-150 site is bad ass!! really nice work.

By no means do I consider myself a pro blogger or guru, but I do have a secret crush on blogs. I know Scott from The Dealer Blog does some great stuff for dealers.

Thanks Ryan! It's exciting to see how others learn of the power and influence that blogs can bring to their business.

I recently interviewed the ladies of Dick Hannah Portland female friendly blog and I'll be posting that interview this week.

Here is a question / answer from the interview:

Why is your blog separate from the dealership website? Do you think it matters?

A blog is more of a personal website than a dealership website. Posts can be phrased as an individual talking to their peer, not a faceless organization broadcasting generic messages to the masses. Especially our blog in particular. It is a female oriented blog. It is ran by females and meant mostly for females to enjoy. We do not only share great vehicle and service information but also general entertainment, local events, funny videos and much more. A blog also gives you the opportunity to interact with your visitors. They have the option to leave comments and share their thoughts.

I'll post a link to the entire interview soon.

Artisteer is a really cool and easy to use product if you want to build your own templates. Very inexpensive as well.