• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Print Screen - What a handy tool to use!

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
How many are using "print screen" feature. It is probably the handiest tool for showing color combinations or a few other things such as taking orders for incoming vehicles. I'll explain. As a Honda dealer, we have been selling incoming vehicles. So I am trying to get the deposit but sense that the customer doesn't believe what your telling them.

By using the print screen feature, you can show them the exact page you are viewing when discussing the time frame & color choices of when the vehicle will land. Works like a charm !

I have even used the print screen feature to cut and paste the screen showing in transit vehicle into an email to myself , so I don't have log in to IN everytime or printi out the report (you can save a bunch of trees).

Just a thought...

Reactions: 1 person
Hello Danoneil

I agree using print screen is a great tool ....

We utilize a few more aspects then basic print screen that comes with Windows and so use a free print screen program called GADWIN PRINT SCREEN .... they have both a free and a paid version , for our needs the free version works just fine. It has the option that you can check off to select your printer of choice , or send to a file, or directly to email (all in one step and eliminates cut and paste).

Screen Capture and Print Screen software

John

And for the Apple users:

Mac App Store - Skitch

• Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

And for the Apple users:

Mac App Store - Skitch
  • Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

You can tell when the vendors get involved. Apple?? At the dealership?? Yeah, right! haha! :)