• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Responding to Off Hour Leads

Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Jerry
I told you I would look into building a service that handles off hour Internet Leads. I have a 7x24 call center lined up to do this. We would like to test this out with one dealer first. I need a volunteer.

Logistical thoughts:

• Can your CRM send an automated e-mail to the call center notifying them when a new lead has arrived?
  • Is your CRM web based. Not sure yet how we are going to handle non web based systems.
  • Will your action plan allow you to send multiple actions to different people in the CRM and does if differentiate between on hour and off hour leads.
  • You would need to create a user log in for the call center and direct that initial action to respond to the lead to that user.
  • You would need to build a template for that first response.
Anyone have any ideas on how we can do this for dealers with non web based CRM systems?

We're going to do a dozen leads and then figure out a price. I am not looking to get rich off this. Would like to provide a service that's inexpensive.

So who wants to work with me to make this reality? Call or send me an e-mail. 585-749-2015

Reactions: Daveg778
I told you I would look into building a service that handles off hour Internet Leads. I have a 7x24 call center lined up to do this. We would like to test this out with one dealer first. I need a volunteer.

Logistical thoughts:

• Can your CRM send an automated e-mail to the call center notifying them when a new lead has arrived?
  • Is your CRM web based. Not sure yet how we are going to handle non web based systems.
  • Will your action plan allow you to send multiple actions to different people in the CRM and does if differentiate between on hour and off hour leads.
  • You would need to create a user log in for the call center and direct that initial action to respond to the lead to that user.
  • You would need to build a template for that first response.
Anyone have any ideas on how we can do this for dealers with non web based CRM systems?

We're going to do a dozen leads and then figure out a price. I am not looking to get rich off this. Would like to provide a service that's inexpensive.

So who wants to work with me to make this reality? Call or send me an e-mail. 585-749-2015

I have a customer that might be interested.

I have a customer that might be interested.

Matt,

I was hoping you would chime in. What are your thoughts on the CRM tools that are not web based? What's the best way for somebody to remotely respond to those leads to stop the clock?

Have your customer contact me and they can be the test subject if they would like. Or they can wait until I get this thing all up and running. If I don't get enough interest I'll just let this one die on the vine. There seemed to be some interest last week.

I would like to try and keep the cost down below $5 per lead responded to. I'll have a better idea what the cost will be as soon as we can do some trial runs.

Jerry,
Here is the problem...its to late to "test" a system. Its crunch time for GM dealers, January 1 its going to cost us $10,000 a month. The problem I've found with after-hour company's is they don't guarantee anything. If we are going to pay for a service, I want to be guaranteed the lead is going to get responded to in an hour.

Well, I have a 7x24 hour service ready to go. I spoke with the owner of the company and he assured me that he could do this. I don't think it would be too expensive either. They want to do a dozen so that they can experience the time and effort required to do each one. I am going to help them streamline the process. I just need a volunteer. There's no reason why this can't be ironed out and ready to go by Jan 1.

A lot of dealers are going to try and do it by themselves and I bet a lot of them end up failing. Would you spend a few thousand to make 40K?

Having someone who doesn't know your product, doesn't know what units are actually on the ground and can't answer simple questions from your potential client is worse than not answering until you open the next day. Third party responses hurt you. Believe it.

Jerry,
Here is the problem...its to late to "test" a system. Its crunch time for GM dealers, January 1 its going to cost us $10,000 a month. The problem I've found with after-hour company's is they don't guarantee anything. If we are going to pay for a service, I want to be guaranteed the lead is going to get responded to in an hour.

What do you mean it's going to be 10,000/m? What do you get for this?