• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Revised eBay Motors National Pricing

Aug 20, 2009
First Name
Matt
I was wondering if anyone else on DR is running their inventory on eBay Motors National. We currently run the majority of our used car inventory as well as hats, shirts, etc.

My rep just called to fill us in on the revised pricing structure effective 30MAR2010 and my GM just about hung up on him.

Up until now we have been paying $25 insertion fee + $25 for a 21 day listing. Now it will be $50 insertion fee + $32 for a 21 days listing. I was wondering what other dealers were planning to do in response to the higher fees? Throttle back on listing inventory but keep utilizing it? Or just eliminate eBay as part of your marketing strategy or move the funding to another medium?

The guys at my store have been using eBayMotors for years and have been extremely successful with it. It accounts for a significant portion of our lead activity, however as we all know, quantity over quality is the name of the game with eBay.

I was wondering if anyone else on DR is running their inventory on eBay Motors National. We currently run the majority of our used car inventory as well as hats, shirts, etc.

My rep just called to fill us in on the revised pricing structure effective 30MAR2010 and my GM just about hung up on him.

Up until now we have been paying $25 insertion fee + $25 for a 21 day listing. Now it will be $50 insertion fee + $32 for a 21 days listing. I was wondering what other dealers were planning to do in response to the higher fees? Throttle back on listing inventory but keep utilizing it? Or just eliminate eBay as part of your marketing strategy or move the funding to another medium?

The guys at my store have been using eBayMotors for years and have been extremely successful with it. It accounts for a significant portion of our lead activity, however as we all know, quantity over quality is the name of the game with eBay.

Thanks you for the post.

Matt,

I'm in a terrible eBay market (geographically speaking), but we're using HomeNet's eBay local program and I must say it's really working. It's a pay-per-lead program, so it's NOT cheap, but, I've got positive ROI so it's a keeper.