• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Revolution Parts, Service and me just being pissed off and needing to vent LOL

EmilyJSpellman

Full Sticker + Prep
Apr 11, 2019
Awards
First Name
Emily
Ok so I was really disaappointed by a vendor today. Long story short- there was a contract signed without proper authorization with Revolution Parts before I came on board. the project never moved forward. I only found out about it when a bill was forwarded to me. So a month ago I contacted them and explained the situation. I told them that we could do business with them the future but wasn't aware of this agreement and we didn't have the capacity to bring our parts department online right now. I was under the impression that we all had an understanding that we would forget the previous agreement and reconnect at a later time.

Then I got another invoice to which I responded that this contract t was cancelled and that they needed to get it handled. Today I received an email from their VP that began "this is an attempt to collect a debt" and so on. I was like WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? I immediately called the VP. Needless to say I was agitated. Admittedly, I'm not the most gentle person when I'm in that state. I went on about how I talked to them a month ago and didn't appreciate the aggressive tone of the email and asked him to explain to me why we all just couldn't walk away friends.

Now, I am not new. I have had to come to blows with vendors before. I can hold my own but this guy..... well, he was next level. Any reasonable vendor would probably say to themselves "alright, I can walk away and non one really loses anything (mind you we had not even done the full implementation) and maybe when they are ready we can do business"

This guy took a different approach. He went on about how it's not their fault that my predecessor signed a contract I don't want to fulfill and how they will have to tale action and report us to the BBB. Then he wanted to speak with my owner. So I got up and walked straight to my group director's office and handed it off. I was already pissed but I trust the people I work with and had no problem leaving it with him.

Did it end there? NOPE. Ten minutes later he called me to try and tell me that we had done implementation (we hadn't) so the argument reengaged when I again asked- why would you want to force us to work with you guys? I was then personally attacked, called unprofessional and simple decided to hang up.

Is that the end? NOPE. I was so put off by the experience, I did something I never do. I wrote a post about it on LinkedIn. You can read it here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity-6696822939075035136-XT7L
It was partially to vent and partially to tell others what not to do. I didn't mention him by name or get into details. My director then got a call from this guy apologizing to him (not to me but to my director), he then agreed to cancel and then threw me under the bus. He blamed me for the whole thing and said he just reacted to me being "abrasive". THEN he asked my boss to make me remove my post. This is what sent me over the edge on all of this. I mean- seriously? Are you trying to go tell my "dad" on me? Grow the f*** up. If you want me to remove a post then grow a pair, call me and apologize to me yourself.

Thankfully, I work for a director who trusts me and would never try to control me like that. I realize that if you don't know me personally, I may be coming off like a bitch right now. Those of you that do know me know that I'm anything but- fiery, yes but not someone who deserves the kind of bulls*** I was force fed today.

Thanks for letting me get it all out. I'm going to go back to being my normal, happy self now <3

Usually, if you don't take delivery aka implementation then the deal is dead. Why would you want to start a relationship this way? The answer is thank you let us know when you are ready to reengage. It's better to let them go and hope they come back to you. In this business, there is always a second and third opportunity not to mention people move around. He owes you an apology, and do not take down the post!

Reactions: EmilyJSpellman