• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Rey Rey - Bad email remove

DrewAment

Boss
Apr 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Drew
Reynolds just told me that they do not remove bad email addesses from the database when you do an email blast in contact management.

They made mention that if enough dealers requested, they might add the feature.

I am thinking of other CRM's now, and can't think of one that does not remove a bad email address (or at least "opt-out" the email) when a bad email bounce happens.

Anyone on ReyRey - please click the HELP button in the upper right and "Send Feedback"

Thanks!

They do have a consumer opt out link the the bottom of the email, assuming the email gets to the customer.

Funny thing is they said "We have an agreement with AOL, and we remove bad AOL email addresses".

LOL....that would have been really good 10 years ago at AOL's peaks. I just checked a dealers log, and there last email blast only removed 3 "bad" AOL emails. Who uses/has an AOL address for their primary now-adays?

This is just ONE of many frustrating ReyRey experiences. I ASKED REYREY TO FIX or IMPROVE THIS LAST YEAR AND GOT THE SAME LAME REPLY.

Arrrgggg.... Why did you re-open my pain!
Can you believe the awesome customer service reps cannot submit a dealers request for an platform fix (like this!). Can you believe They cannot file common user complaint for a fix. Oh, upper mngt may give lip service to this, but, they flat out suck wind and I'd love the chance to tell them to their face.

2 years ago, I went on a DealerRefresh rant about how AWFUL the reyRey Contact Management user experience is. It was a heartfelt review of its potential and how the product managers have put up a wall to prevent imporvement.

I said it then, I'll say it again.
Whom ever is in charge of ReyRey's Contact Management Customer Service, needs to takeover the Platform. I could rant for hours on this topic, but, I don't want to reopen the wounds... I've grown accustom to living with the Contact Management scabs.

Want another ReyRey Moronic Managent Moment? (here after called: a RRMMM)!

Create a sales campaign to past customers, BUT, remove from this list names that have recently bought (so they don't get re-solicited).

CAN'T DO IT.

RRMMM bitch#243

Scenerio:
Hire a new rep and want to order a new CM licence?

7 to 10 days!

hahahaa.. what? you are kidding right?

Nope.
  • Call your rep
  • He calls another rep
  • That rep emails you a pdf (we're 2-3 days into this now)
  • you sign it and fax it back (3-5 days now)
NOW the 7 to 10 day clock starts...

Someone shoot me!

RRMMM bitch#491

Can not Track a Large Snail Mail Campaign.

Scenario:
Big important sale. Send a 15 page flyer to all 25k past customers in CM database and track results for ROI after campaign. THis should be real simple. Agency creates flyer. ReyRey CM creates mailing list that I email to agency. ReyRey can tracks names for sales activity 90 days after campaign is created. Smart, very smart.

BUT... IT CAN'T DO IT (uless I print it to a printer inhouse)!!

This bitch has been going on for years now. ReyRey CM can do it all... but ithe PLATFORM DESIGN prevents it from allowing it to work correctly. It works wonderfully IF the campaign is printed to an inhouse printer. BUT, what if the campaign goes on ANY media that can't be done inhouse (big shiny postcards, newsletters, catalogues, etc...) CM has a wonderful exporting tool to move the contact lists out to a nice SS. BUT, the campaign tracking component cannot work UNLESS the entire campaign is printed locally.

The awesome Customer Service staff had a "workaround" that had several steps that included printing to an inhouse printer, then running over to that printer and unplugging it. I forgot all the steps AND the only svc rep that had mastered the technique has left so, I can't track ROI.

Try to explain that to the Dealer and not laugh out loud.