• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds Form Programming

ewalraven

Boss
Mar 23, 2010
First Name
Delete
So excuse me if some of my terminology is a little off here, but does anybody know anything about 'Reynolds Form Programming'? The end goal is pretty simple - There's a custom form in 4816 that needs to have the e-mail address added to it. We already have the e-mail stored in 4770. So we just want to pull that value onto this custom form.

So far I've gotten to 4816 --> EF (Edit Form) --> Enter Form Number. From here I just see a bunch of code that kinda reminds me of BASIC. lol.

ReyRey tells me that most dealers don't even have access to this anymore. And they are unable to add the field for it because it's a custom form designed by somebody in-house (years ago). That person doesn't even work here anymore. I would love to take a stab at it, but would like some general input from somebody first that has done it before.

Ice cold PBR Draft on me at DD if somebody can help me out... Incentive?

Why don't you use contact management, I believe it provides a true integration with reynolds and saves the emails in the software. I have never thought of keeping the emails in reynolds. If you had to send a newsletter to all your customers, would you then have to export it then give the list to the newsletter company you use to shoot the email ?

- Rick

Rick - Quite honestly I don't have the knowledge or skills to do that right now. Not really sure if this come by default - or is something we need to order. My thing is that I'm sure it only takes 3 minutes to add if we can find the right person.

Jeff - Please let me know if you find anybody. It would be much appreciated!

Let me take a stab at this one. Reynolds charges it's customers for the ability to create and edit custom forms. If you go into 4816 and type in 'EF' (Edit Form) at the selection prompt, what does your screen come back with?

For example, I get "YOUR DEALERSHIP DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS FUNCTION". If you too, get this message then you're very limited to what you can add to your form using the 'CF' (Custom Fields) command; and email address is not one of them. If you're one of the fortunate ones who can edit forms, please send me a PM and I will help you get your email address onto your form.

Let me take a stab at this one. Reynolds charges it's customers for the ability to create and edit custom forms. If you go into 4816 and type in 'EF' (Edit Form) at the selection prompt, what does your screen come back with?

For example, I get "YOUR DEALERSHIP DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS FUNCTION". If you too, get this message then you're very limited to what you can add to your form using the 'CF' (Custom Fields) command; and email address is not one of them. If you're one of the fortunate ones who can edit forms, please send me a PM and I will help you get your email address onto your form.

JohnB - Yes, we are one of the high and mighty select few. lol. It is actually a custom form since it's labeled '11c' (c for custom). I never actually got in there today, but I promise I'll post some code tomorrow and PM you.

Years ago when we had an account rep that wanted us to succeed on the Reynolds ERA platform. He provided us with a ruler used by forms programmers to adjust form elements, it was a huge help!

If you are getting into the form logic without a password someone a long time ago grandfathered your dealership into this feature. No one is granting access to this any longer.

What exactly are you trying to adjust? Or are you trying to create a new form?

Alright peeps .. Did some investigative work (called RR general support number and begged to get redirected to the correct person) and found out everything. I'm now the Official DR Form Programming Contact. Please update your records.

Below are the lines that were modified:

37: GO 16,25
38: PR "E-MAIL ADDRESS IS"
39: SP 3
40: PR NF.EMAIL.ADD N 54 1

So to break it down:
Line 37 - Go 16,25 is the X,Y i.e. the row and column
Line 38 - Just means that it's going to Print what is in quotes on the worksheet
Line 39 - Three spaces. So there will be three spaces (not returns) in between "E-MAIL ADDRESS IS" and the what line 40 has for us..
Line 40 - PR NF.EMAIL.ADD N 54 1 .. You guessed it the field that contains e-mail address

Yep, easy as that.