• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds Line 4 Model Description work around

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
Hopefully this post will make sense. I'm looking for a work around or bring up what I think may be a bug with managing used car listings with reynolds.

With reynolds, line 4 is the model description.

Here is what line 4 says : 4 MODEL DESC 4DR SDN LX AT

The problem I have is that 4DR & SDN are the same thing. I have a car that has nav.

I can not remove 4DR or SND on line 4 and replace it with NAV in it's place. It will not show on our website.

Here is the listing 2006 Civic Sedan EX link selling for $14,795.

That price would appear to be high for a 06, unless it said NAV. However, if you look at line 14 "color desc" in reynolds we can edit line 14 and NAV will show up. Look at the link and you will see the change in color desc.

I want to be able to edit line 4. Is there a work around ?

Here's another example . 2010 Civic EX for $19,595.

That price would appear high if you didn't notice that in the color desc I changed it to read NAV.

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Dan, you can edit the line in HomeNet and the edit should post the next day. You can also build out import conversions in HomeNet to convert and accommodate inaccurate information in your DMS.

You might want to give HomeNet a call before jumping into the import conversions.