• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ReyRey Contact Management Help Needed

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
Time for me to put on my CRM Architect hat. It's Contact Management clean up time (ugh)! It's a big project to review and improve the schedules and templates of our CRM system. Anyone have any resources that can help me shave off a few hundred hours off this cluster f*?

Best practices?
Blogs? (It doesn't have to be from our industry.)
Consultants?
Gurus?

I'll be shutting the door, rolling up my sleeves, putting my phone to VM for this project. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Joe - you're one hell of a smart man. I would not insult you by laying things out there. You know how to reach me if you have any questions, and if you feel they're public questions I'm happy to help you on DealerRefresh too. I appreciate how personal dealership process is.

And if we don't hear from you for the next 2 months, we know what you're up to.

Joe,

I have a contact for you that has an amazing thought process. Be glad to share him with you if you want to give me a shout.

Craig,

[FONT=&quot]TY for the offer, I'll look you up soon. I am FINALLY deep diving into CRM. What a mess. Before I solicit help, I wanted to understand ALL the complex connections that makes CRM so difficult to master, then I'll know where the advice is taking me. Alex is so right, a CRM architect is needed.
[/FONT]

I am fighting ReyRey’s awful UI, made worse with it’s awful on-page support.

To ReyRey's credit is it's support team and it's people. For example, ReyRey's consultant division manager read my thread here, and sent in a consultant for a full day. I wanted to publicly thank ReyRey's support team for a hero's effort to support the platform.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Just yesterday, I finally found what I consider is "the" critical building block of CRM.

With CRM, everything starts from the reps seat and works out from there. Everything.

If the system is not sales rep friendly, then everything is a mess. Customers get lost, reports are junk, reps just blindly push buttons to try to shut the schedules down to shut it up (because the choices don't match the reps needs). If the system is not intuitive for the sales rep, then we get the age old computer classic: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

So... what I have found is the single most important focus point to pull ROI out of CRM is to view CRM from the sales rep's seat.

One small example of a day in the life of a Sales rep (a ReyRey CRM user).
Reps have a handy "Daily Work Plan" page. It lists out all tasks that need to be done today. Reps have to manage mountains of communications, new prospects need to be called and emailed, old prospects need to be called and emailed, CSI calls, anniversary calls, you all know what I am talking about.. snail mail, emails, etc... all need to be executed.

Our reps (on average) have 70+ open tasks in their "Daily Work Plan" area every morning. That's right... 70 incomplete tasks, all presented in a multi-page list, but, NOT ALL TASKS ARE EQUAL. A rep wants to attack the fresh prospects that came in overnight. There is NO TASK RANKING SYSTEM. Reps need to be smart, so they have to manually review the list to find the fresh leads first...AND finding them fast is not easy.

Fresh prospects can be found in a different area. This is another UI flaw.

Note to CRM Project manager at ReyRey. Go old school. Listen to call center recordings. Go on tour. Go to dealers (large and small) and watch and observe. If you really want to fast track your platform, find a UI expert to help you produce more ROI for all players. Benchmark winners like SalesForce.com

Last edited:
Note to CRM Project manager at ReyRey.

What were you thinking when decided that subscribers should not be allowed to copy text off the page?

One example:
Our reps get 500+ tradein forms each month. We produce a carfax when evaluations are done. Copy and paste is no longer allowed in ReyRey world.... ugh.

Last edited: