• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Sales Process and Preferential Treatment

Mar 6, 2018
First Name
Jeff
My two-part question to those in sales management: When training new hires and developing your sales team, do you leave all opportunities available to everyone or do you believe in protecting the top producer by giving them exclusive access to opportunities (new/used phone calls, equity mining, service appointments, etc) that others have no access to utlize?

When training and coaching sales staff, you begin to uncover their strengths and weaknesses. As a manager, my goal is to then navigate a path for maximizing their potential (phones, internet, service customers, fresh-ups, etc). Win-win... my concern is this:

Do you incubate and isolate the newbies while feeding the producers?

or

Do you provide the same access and tools across the board for everyone?

Every individual is different. However, you can begin classifying your sales agents as to how well each interacts outside of a physical conversation with a customer.

Do you have a sales agent who can write a convincing email? Do you have another that is good on the phone? Instead of cradling people based on longevity, why not utilize their skills instead?