• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Selling Maintenance Packages Online?

Marc Lavoie

3rd Base Coach
Jan 3, 2019
First Name
Marc
I'm looking to add a layer to our Virtual BDC offering and one of them will be selling pre-paid or subscriptions to specific maintenance packages.

I want to prove dealers can sell maintenance packages online to reduce friction & increase retention at the same time.

Has anyone here ever done it successfully? How & Why?

I've been trying to test this feature for a while now. If you're a dealership and would be interested in being a pilot, let me know.

Visit Generations Digital

Jeff Kershner

Founder
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Mercedes-Benz offers Maintenance packages that we often sell. Are you looking to bake this into a Digital Retail solution(s) or is this a stand alone service?

Marc Lavoie

3rd Base Coach
Jan 3, 2019
First Name
Marc
Perhaps both, I'm running a case study with a couple of our clients & looking to expand it with more dealers. I'm under the impression that there's a way to push a certain type of aftersale products online.

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig
I'm under the impression that there's a way to push a certain type of aftersale products online.
I believe you are correct. I'm working with a dealer who is doing all their aftersale products over the phone.
The trick is tracking the deal from the dealer to the BDC making the calls - any missing information, lack of context, etc can make a big difference.

Marc Lavoie

3rd Base Coach
Jan 3, 2019
First Name
Marc
Yes. At the same time, I'm also convinced the product in question has to be a low risk/low price offer. I'm not talking about selling extended warranties here but super entry levels such as quick oil changes, wash, aquapel, etc with room to upsell.

Reactions: craigh