#RefreshFriday SEO Needs Your Focus... AGAIN! | Mary Wilson & David Greene

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
The world changed and we got super short-term tactical. It is time to get back to all the other things that give us long-term advantages. SEO for one.
We are excited to have Mary Grace and David from the Cars.com family back on RefreshFriday to get us back on track.

Did you know about Google making significant changes in May? Did you know Google is losing influence to other search engines?

Did you know Cars.com has a new SEO Guide for you to grab?

Like DealerRefresh on Facebook to watch the show and get notified when we go LIVE. Watch it on the DealerRefresh Facebook Page at 1:00 PM Eastern today.

118653600_10159076028062150_8070290099809015636_o.jpg

For anyone looking to dive deeper on what Mary and David discussed on Refresh today, we just released a free guide entitled "Staying on Top of Search." This piece is a great resource that provides actionable steps dealers can take to optimize presence across all engines and build out a connected search strategy (SEO > just Google).

SEO Secrets?? Snake oil. Keep your content relevant. If stuff changes, change it. Duh.

(full disclosure: did not watch nor read anything from the SEO experts -- just frumpy OG stuff. I'm sure everyone is well-intentioned. Kershner asked me to stir the pot -- not enough arguments these days, unless Alex Lau pisses-off Alex Snyder;-))

SEO - the least understood, but also least scrutinized, form of digital marketing for automotive dealers. A more equal amount of time/attention/importance should be placed on SEO relative to SEM, but for nearly every store I've ever spoken to the split is more like 98%/2%.

You see, the changes made by google back in may 2020 did not influence the search engine optimization that much actually, and it is not true that they are losing the influence to other search engines. That is sort of a ... myth made by other people in order to declassify google's positions in this domain.

You see, the changes made by google back in may 2020 did not influence the search engine optimization that much actually, and it is not true that they are losing the influence to other search engines. That is sort of a ... myth made by other people in order to declassify google's positions in this domain. Search engine optimization is a really important and complex thing that cannot be changed so much all of a sudden. I mean, I have set up the seo for my own website back in september and I hired https://www.peddleweb.com/ to do the job. They told me that everything works just like it was before, so those changes made by google did not have such a great influence on the seo side.
At least that is my own opinion.