• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Scheduling

May 8, 2018
First Name
Natasha
I am in charge of all our Service scheduling and am looking for some advice from other dealerships who have this position and how effective it actually is. We have a sales BDC and we decided to try incorporating a BDR for our service department. Thank you!

My family has quite the setup around service. They employ around 12 people just to answer the phones while one person oversees the digital side of Checkered Flag's service presence.

Not many dealerships put a lot of investment into service outside of the traditional positions. I doubt you're going to get significant advice without some direct questions. With that said, I've got this post highlighted in tomorrow's DealerRefresh email. Hopefully someone reacts to that. In the meantime, @Natasha, do you mind coming up with a question or three to add to this thread?

I am in charge of all our Service scheduling and am looking for some advice from other dealerships who have this position and how effective it actually is. We have a sales BDC and we decided to try incorporating a BDR for our service department. Thank you!
Depending on the scale of the group, R.O's per day, advisors, tech count, etc. depends on whether or not having a service schedule team makes sense. That said, yes - I find having that position to be effective when in fact they can fully book the advisors schedule. Allowing the advisor to handle the clients in front of them. Giving them ample time to upsell. The other added benefit is that the scheduling team can handle post service calls, recall campaigns, retention visits, etc. However, if they are not managed and/or offsite (another location) I find that it becomes less successful as it takes that much more work to ensure there is communication within the departments.