• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

So what's working ?

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I am curious to get some feedback about what's working for your dealership ?

I'll assume everyone had a strong August and clunkers may have had something to do with it.

Are you getting carry over in to September ? We are off to a good start and clipping the same sales number as August !

Is there a certain template being used that had a high response from the customer ? Perhaps we can share idea's ?

Is there something on your website that get's noticed and turn's into a lead or inquiry ?

Who's your best lead source ? For us, it is always leads that come via our own website or via Honda .. So if I have a bunch of leads, those leads are the one's we hit first.

Thanks ... Dan O' at Heritage Honda in Baltimore

Last edited:
I am curious to get some feedback about what's working for your dealership ?

I'll assume everyone had a strong August and clunkers may have had something to do with it.

Are you getting carry over in to September ? We are off to a good start and clipping the same sales number as August !

Is there a certain template being used that had a high response from the customer ? Perhaps we can share idea's ?

Is there something on your website that get's noticed and turn's into a lead or inquiry ?

Who's your best lead source ? For us, it is always leads that come via our own website or via Honda .. So if I have a bunch of leads, those leads are the one's we hit first.

Thanks ... Dan O' at Heritage Honda in Baltimore

I am no longer with a dealer but I suggest researching chat. I work for Contact At Once and can first hand tell you that it is a great tool to increase and maximize your best leads (Your website).

Just so everyone doesn't freak out, here is a list of the popular chat companies that I get good feedback from.

Contact At Once!
CarChat24
Outsell
Live Person

It depends on what you want to accomplish but find the one that works best for your dealership.

It's very inexpensive but extremely effective. While dealers are driving more traffic to their site I believe chat is critical to your success and conversion rate. It has it's downfalls but if your sales/BDC is prepared and trained you will see success.

Dan,

Here are a few things that are efficient ways of generating high quality leads that I've found to be successful both through my dealership and agency experience. I'm happy to provide product information via PM.

1) E-mail marketing (597% ROI)
2) Social Marketing (297% ROI)
3) Paid Search (up to 16% conversion rate)
4) Chat (I've personally seen chat account for 30% of all digital leads)
5) Optimizing your site experience (service, inventory, specials)

Dan,

Here are a few things that are efficient ways of generating high quality leads that I've found to be successful both through my dealership and agency experience. I'm happy to provide product information via PM.

1) E-mail marketing (597% ROI)
2) Social Marketing (297% ROI)
3) Paid Search (up to 16% conversion rate)
4) Chat (I've personally seen chat account for 30% of all digital leads)
5) Optimizing your site experience (service, inventory, specials)

Thanks. Jeff Kershner & I work for the same company, so I'm certain the email marketing, social networking etc... are all in effect. My dealership alone averages over 700 leads a month.. Last month close to 1000.

I'm more interested in Templates being used to get customer response's. Or templates used when sending out quote's etc..

Here is our website . If you have any constructive things to help, please feel free.

Last edited: