• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Something that seems relevant.

To me, it is unfortunate that this type of thing even needs to be discussed. The pricing tactics of some dealerships have gotten out of hand. Some advertised prices are not within $3,000 of what a person could actually buy the vehicle for on a Cash Sale, No Trade In basis.

And I agree on the travel sites. It used to be so easy to book travel online. Now I feel like I just give up and click the button and it will be what it will be.

Up here in Ontario it's been similar to this for a long time.
If you see a vehicle price here, the dealer has to honour it or they can be fined by the governing body (OMVIC in Ontario).
All advertised pricing must be the all-in price, disclaimers must be at least 11px in a readable font, cost of borrowing must be shown with every single payment.

Welcome to the club. I wish I could say it stopped sneaky dealers from taking advantage of customers, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
What it does mean is that many dealers are advertising their new vehicles at the exact same price, as that's all they are legally allowed to do.

Reactions: Tallcool1