• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Alexander Lau

Banned
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
For those dealers paying an agency for pre-roll or post-roll video or DIY, I found this info intriguing.

ARE SPONSORED VIDEOS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN PRE-ROLL VIDEO ADS?
http://tubularinsights.com/sponsored-videos-pre-roll-video-ads/

Rob Davis, the Head of Digital, US at Ogilvy, said, “The data suggests a major disconnect between how consumers watch videos and how advertising is presented to them. Marketers tend to look at advertising on a per-asset basis while quantifying success by tracking views, completion rates and click-throughs of individual videos. This single asset focus disregards the fact that the audience is likely engaged in a session where an advert is just a small part of their overall viewing experience. It may be time for brands to change their thinking from ‘How do I get someone to watch my pre-roll before a video?’ to ‘How do I integrate my brand message into a consumer viewing session?’”

The concept of “session viewing” also has significant implications for the 107,000 brands that have sponsored content as well as the 15,000 influencers and publishers that have sold over 660,000 sponsored videos that Tubular tracks. In fact, it’s probably time to start asking if sponsored videos are more effective in long, cross-platform sessions than just running a pre-roll unit before one of those videos.

Last edited: