• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carluminati

Hat Trick
Feb 17, 2015
Awards
First Name
Chris
I like sticky headers, how about you? When you get to a website, one of the most annoying things to me is having the top header disappear as you scroll down, so you have to always scroll back up to see the menu and other things. I think sticky headers are the way to go on all devices, as well as a back to the top button. What is your stance on website headers - sticky or not?

By sticky, I mean this as an example and so is this (links are for illustrative purposes and link to envato market)

Reactions: mikesayre
I like sticky headers, how about you? When you get to a website, one of the most annoying things to me is having the top header disappear as you scroll down, so you have to always scroll back up to see the menu and other things. I think sticky headers are the way to go on all devices, as well as a back to the top button. What is your stance on website headers - sticky or not?

By sticky, I mean this as an example and so is this (links are for illustrative purposes and link to envato market)

For sure. Both stores in my group are designed like that and I would not want it any other way. I consider those menu items on the top a CTA of sorts and want them to be in front of the customer at all times. Same with my spreadsheets...hate when I have to scroll back up to see what column I'm looking at!

+1
I love sticky nav.
Just don't duplicate your sticky nav in your footer if the navigation is always there - I don't need 2 links to everything when I get to the bottom of the page.
Also, keep sticky nav short (height) if your usual header is larger - it should only take up the room it needs to offer links.