TabFlythe

4 Pounder
Apr 12, 2019
First Name
Tabitha
Who has watched the Netflix documentary, "The Social Dilemma"?

What are your thoughts? We have a few.

I'll just throw it out there for fun:
The company behind this is Humane Technology, financed by companies that are financed by the CCP and also financed by George Soros.
They never do anything for no reason.

The company behind this is Humane Technology, financed by companies that are financed by the CCP and also financed by George Soros.

I have NOT watched it yet @craigh . Did you like it or were you somewhere in the middle?

I want to watch it but each time I start it I end up distracted.

I was torn after watching the show and then learning who financed it. On one hand, I believe social media has become an addictive hole of irrelevant nonsense pushed into your face by an algorithm that takes its cues from the news moniker: "If it bleeds, it leads." My favorite interaction with social media was removing all notifications for Facebook, etc. from all of my devices and uninstalling the app from certain devices.

Facebook in particular is a double-edged sword for me. On the one hand, it is excellent for business. At the same time, it is ripping friendships apart.

Because of the pLandemic Facebook has become one of the few ways to communicate, but it has been sad to watch how many are interacting now. Fucking Facebag... can we burn that down?

...off to do a Live RefreshFriday today... on Facebook #oxymoron

I have NOT watched it yet @craigh . Did you like it or were you somewhere in the middle?

I want to watch it but each time I start it I end up distracted.

I tried to watch it, but I wasn't into it.
I've been doing online marketing so long that I've seen half this stuff in person.
I've played with eye-tracking cameras in retail stores, facial recognition on store entry, geofencing competitors, combining datasets from different providers to identify someone, their credit score, their average credit card bill, etc.

Maybe a Netflix film will help other people figure out how dirty it all is.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Because of the pLandemic Facebook has become one of the few ways to communicate, but it has been sad to watch how many are interacting now. Fucking Facebag... can we burn that down?

One of my favourite things recently has been the Lefties thinking that Facebook is some alt-right platform now and fleeing it in droves.
The Righties think they're being censored so they're fleeing in droves.
If they keep it up, Facebook might actually become less relevant.

But if you look at the most shared links on Facebook these days, it's almost entirely political crap.
They made the mistake of turning everything into a NEWS-feed and now they're just a news regurgitation platform.