• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Time for a new smartphone

I have had the driod for about 2 weeks now. It is a great phone! there is a learning curve with this phon (at least for me - hey no laughing out there) It does have the good and not so good sides. the battery life is somewhat short but for what the phone is doing it is good. if you go driod don't forget to get the car charger. I would say the driod is the closest to the iphone.

Loving my new BB Bold 9700. Was dropping calls like crazy, took it back to AT&T..they swapped out my SIM card and everything so far has been good.

34d1261846168-what-cool-tech-gift-did-you-get-holiday-blackberry-bold-9700-400.jpg

Best BlackBerry ever made. Will admit though...if I did'nt need a BB for work, I would be deep diving into the possibility of an Android phone. How about that new Google Nexus One.

What does everyone think about the Blackberry Storm, Palm Pre, and Motorola Droid? I'm limited to Verizon and I have a suspicion that the Palm is coming to Verizon soon anyway so those are my choices.

The Palm Pre is a nice phone. We have some people in the office that have it and I used one for a couple months. The newer updates have made big improvements and even fixed the early battery problems.

My wife has an Android based Samsung Moment and it is an awesome phone. It is just like the Motorola Droid but on the Sprint network.

I have the iPhone... and from playing with all the various phones I still think the iPhone is the best. The android phones are coming in at a close second, but their UI isn't quite as easy to use or as fast. The iPhone is a little older and more refined... not to mention it is also the best music player in the world. iPhone works with my car, my portable stereo, and my alarm clock... the iPhone is just the universal device...

But the Palm WebOS and Android phones are good phones. Blackberries are horrible in comparison... IMHO.

Also look at the Droid Eris on the Verizon network... or you can wait for the new Google Nexus One phone all the buzz is about.

Last edited:
Loving my new BB Bold 9700. Was dropping calls like crazy, took it back to AT&T..they swapped out my SIM card and everything so far has been good.

Best BlackBerry ever made. Will admit though...if I did'nt need a BB for work, I would be deep diving into the possibility of an Android phone. How about that new Google Nexus One.

The android phones have excellent Microsoft Exchange support if that is your main BB work support issue.

Glad to see this post up since I have had the burning sensation some get when thinking about getting a new phone. Im currently with at&t so I can upgrade anytime and have the original BB bold. I am totally satisfied with the phone, but have been toying with the idea of upgrading to the 9700 for a few weeks. Jeff, glad to see you like yours. Im a die hard blackberry person so the 9700 seems to be the only thing im interested in right now. How do you like the trackpad vs the track ball?

I can tell you from experience that the BB Storm is far from ready. I loved mine for its impractical stuff (YouTube watching, web browsing, etc.), but hated it for the practical things (email, typing, phone). I've actually found the iPhone to do all of these things well - my only issue with the iPhone is the battery. But, if I was stuck to Verizon, I'd be seriously looking at the Droid - I'm hearing great things about it from people who's opinions I value.