• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tracking in the Service Department

prbrooks3104

Lot Lizard
Apr 20, 2012
First Name
Preston
How are you Tracking Quotes, Special Ordered Parts, and most Importantly Service Customers?

CRM's are great at the Sales Aspects but usually do not do much for the Service end of things. My staff are currently handwriting qoutes and trying to keep everything Logged by hand. Parts are the same story. This as you already know is not Efficent. Vinsolutions is our CRM but offers no assistance in these areas.

With three Service Advisors and three parts personell there can be several things that slip through the cracks. Most Service Software I have found is For Sheduling, Marketing, mostly BDC efforts.

In my mind these are the Area's in service that are most closely related to Customer Rentention and Yet DMS's and CRM's dont meet those specific Needs.

Surely someone can share with me a better process that the old Filing Cabinet method

How are you Tracking Quotes, Special Ordered Parts, and most Importantly Service Customers?

CRM's are great at the Sales Aspects but usually do not do much for the Service end of things. My staff are currently handwriting qoutes and trying to keep everything Logged by hand. Parts are the same story. This as you already know is not Efficent. Vinsolutions is our CRM but offers no assistance in these areas.

With three Service Advisors and three parts personell there can be several things that slip through the cracks. Most Service Software I have found is For Sheduling, Marketing, mostly BDC efforts.

In my mind these are the Area's in service that are most closely related to Customer Rentention and Yet DMS's and CRM's dont meet those specific Needs.

Surely someone can share with me a better process that the old Filing Cabinet method

Which DMS are you using I used to work for a DMS company all the things you mentioned the DMS should be doing.

We use ACS Access which is now a branch of Dominion. Very basic and outdated System which I guess is the start of the problem!

Yes I would say that is part of the problem, there are options out there for a DMS that will not break the bank, my guess is not much more than you are paying now, feel free to PM me if you would like for me to recomend a few. Most of them have ways to save service quotes, save parts price quotes and most have dispatching built in now so you can just about run paperless in service.