• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TrueCar's VIN-Specific Digital Payments and Trade Tools?

Greg Spencer

Desk Monkey
Aug 7, 2020
Awards
First Name
Greg
Apparently these tools have been in pilot mode for awhile, including at some Autonation dealers. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they useful? Are you eager to opt in? At least while they're no-extra-charge for franchise dealers? And is this a significant step forward for TrueCar's digital retailing? I know they bought Dealer Science in 2018 but don't know how much TrueCar has done in DR until now.

Thanks Jeff! Does that mean TrueCar doesn't give the possibility to contact the dealer directly from the marketplace, e.g. through chat? My overall question is: Do these new TrueCar tools differ in any way from Cox's Accelerate and CARS's Online Shopper?

Thanks Jeff! Does that mean TrueCar doesn't give the possibility to contact the dealer directly from the marketplace, e.g. through chat? My overall question is: Do these new TrueCar tools differ in any way from Cox's Accelerate and CARS's Online Shopper?
I sure hope it's better than Cox's Accelerate product.

Does anyone have a link to an Autonation website currently utilizing TrueCar's tool?

Apparently these tools have been in pilot mode for awhile, including at some Autonation dealers. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they useful? Are you eager to opt in? At least while they're no-extra-charge for franchise dealers? And is this a significant step forward for TrueCar's digital retailing? I know they bought Dealer Science in 2018 but don't know how much TrueCar has done in DR until now.

Hey Greg, great questions.

I work for TrueCar, so of course I’m biased. But according to the data, the Payment and Trade tools have proven useful, boosting close rates and customer engagement. And as you mentioned, these products complimentary for franchise dealers, so even better.

I’d be happy to connect you with dealers who are using the tools so you can hear what they think, if you’d like. I can also to get you a demo or some materials on the products if that helps. And yes, the purchase of Dealer Science back in ‘18 has played a huge role in our DR efforts, which we’ve been rolling out in a staggered cadence over the last year or so.