• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Trying to start a dealership

Zane Bianucci

Green Pea
Jan 29, 2019
First Name
Zane
Hi guys I just joined the forum. I am in Pa.and looking to start a dealership. I'm selling my other businesses. I have a building with 4 offices and about 3,000 sq. Ft. Of showroom but no occupancy permit . Does anyone know if it's hard to get that permit with a 45 year old building. Thanks Zane

If I could fined someone to do all the calling , leg work ,and permitting I would gladly pay them. I have never been in this business so it's all new to me. I'm selling my other businesses and I want to do this as enjoyment I love cars I have 6 I can already put in the showroom. Three are corvettes. But I just don't have the time to do the paper work for getting started for a couple months.

Ebensburg Pa. between Johnstown and Altoona
Small world, I'm 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh. I used to provide marketing services to Stuckey Ford Subaru in Altoona, Hollidaysburg. I know that demographic fairly well and I think you might do well, considering the lack of dealerships where you are located.

Your permit is probably going to be dictated by your local municipality in Ebensburg or Cambria County.

Is this going to be a used car lot or are you in cahoots with an OEM?

Last edited:
Small world, I'm 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh. I used to provide marketing services to Stuckey Ford Subaru in Altoona, Hollidaysburg. I know that demographic fairly well and I think you might do well, considering the lack of dealerships where you are located.

Your permit is probably going to be dictated by your local municipality in Ebensburg.

Is this going to be a used car lot or are you in cahoots with an OEM?
Location isn't that good 219 north heading out of Ebensburg . But all high end stuff so probably the sell will be over the internet. I'm in the borough they don't require an occupancy permit but the DMV does.

I drive through PA occasionally and often see car lots with what look like nothing more than a garden shed for an office. Can't speak for PA but if it has electricity, heat, phone, filing cabinet, desk and chairs, you should be golden if the zoning is OK.