• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Unwated Maheim Purchase

Mar 9, 2022
Awards
First Name
Mike
Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the forum. Just recently received my wholesale license and bought a few cars.

On my last livecast purchase I'm not sure what happened. While waiting for my car to come up, I belive I saw my car on the screen and hit the green bid button. The app refreshed and I saw my name as the wining bidder on the car that ran last before mine. I end up buying my intended car as well.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I came manheim immediately and was told a supervisor will call me back. Never did. Finally before end if day, sir to a manager who said "too bad, it's yours". I reached to the seller they obviously didn't care.

Its an obvious mistake, because my "wining bid" was 5% over MMR and my intended car was triple the price on the "accidental" purchase. (That's one thing manheim told me, "no way you though you were bidding on car X for that low amount"). With fees I'm 16% over MMR, so no chance of new selling at maheim with w/o taking a loss.

My question is, is there anything Ican do? Maheim said I can't come and arbitration claim. I have not paid for the car yet. I obviously plan to keep buying cars from Manheim so is the anything I can do without ruining a relationship with them?

I'm only wholesale, I had buyers lined up for all my other cars before I bought them. This car needs some body work and paint (or panels swapped out). I can probably get my money (14k) back at the end but I would prefer not to go thought with it, if there is a way out.

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

Mike, I feel for you here. My advice is simple, go get your 2 units, get them reconditioned and pictured ASAP, and get them sold.

The fact that the unit wasn't your intended purchase doesn't mean you are buried in it. There were 2 people wanting it right behind you. Oh, and stop looking at MMR in a market like this! You will be fine.