• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Using Instagram at the Dealership

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
The REAL details of using Instagram at the Dealership - by Aaron Wirtz

I’ve read a lot about whether dealerships should use Instagram or not, so here’s my take on it.

Instagram is, in my opinion, an incredible tool to start new conversations with real people in your community in ways that the “Big 4″ simply cannot touch right now.

Here’s why…

Instagram users generally WANT their pictures to be seen, liked, and commented on.

A large part of the popularity of the app lies in the ease with which you can turn an ordinary photo into something beautiful. There is a sense among Instagrammers that they’re engaging in a creative act by adding content, and who doesn’t like their works of art to be admired?

If they don’t, they can set their profiles to private and/or block anyone they don’t want to hear from. Out of the hundreds of people I’ve proactively followed, I have never once received a comment about how my liking a person’s photos was inappropriate–in fact, it’s often been rewarded with a follow back.

Click here to continue reading and comment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Re: Using Instagram at the Dealership - blog post

Loved this article. I follow quite a few dealerships on Instagram and find some more interesting than others. Also...thanks to SOW's vids, I can't see the word Kizashi without thinking of their videos with babies...and then saying Kizashi all day.

Reactions: 1 person
Re: Using Instagram at the Dealership - blog post

Been Instagramming for a couple months now. Also have some sales people that started their own accounts too. We have 54 followers and probably about 10-20 likes per photo an I try to do something at least every other day. Not sure how that stands up but the sales people have actually had a few shows come through via their posts. I actually have an AMG Engine Builder following us because of some AMG hashtags I used!

Also, Top Hashtags on Instagram

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person