• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Video Walkarounds - My Go-To Example is GONE! :(

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
Not sure why but it seems like my go-to example of video walkarounds on a dealer site is no longer posting custom walk-arounds on their inventory.

We've added a player to our team on Jan 1 to do our merchandising and help out with tactical warfare on 3rd party sites. He's doing some video walkarounds but it's been a struggle to get them displayed properly. We're currently working with the folks at DealerOn to work the videos into the site in a way that will get them viewed.

If there's anyone from or who knows the good folks at Feldmann is there any feedback on the videos of Erin? Over 2M views on that channel. Just digging for how well it helped sell cars and if it was a happy departure? I have it in my head that it would be tough to replace someone who knew what they where doing that well and didn't look half bad. :eek:

Mitch,

IMO, the walk arounds are time consuming and require talent & to make matters worse, there's no visibility into the video's ROI (we don't have shopping carts... yet ;-) It requires a committed leader to fund the concept and hope it all works.

We need a video overlay system to keep them "in video"

I'm in agreement with you Joe. It's a tough gig and a time vampire. I see it eventually being like when didn't take photos of our used vehicles, or at least not more then 4 or 5. It's hard to scale. It's hard to find the right person. It's hard to keep up. It's why none of out competitors would ever be able to do it. :D I'm also not afraid to admit that I may be drunk... :drunk:

It's all grey right now, that's why I was hoping anyone from Feldmann or those privy to a similar operation could let on if they've been able to make a case for it?

What are your thoughts on an overlay system to keep them in video? Do you mean like play by play text bullets baked into the video or are you thinking something to do with the video player itself?

There's some video hosts out there that are starting to bring tracking and different functionality to a different level. In particular I've been looking to Wistia as an interesting option. It would be quite expensive as it's charged out on a cost per video basis, almost prohibitively so if you weren't all in and had a rock solid plan and case to pay that much to host videos. Walkarounds add up fast.