• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Videos on Listings + How it appears on YouTube Channel

Apr 22, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Question for Refresh Nation:

My website (and most) give you the ability to upload a YouTube video to a vehicle listing. It's simple, you copy and paste the YouTube URL. Here is where I'm torn.

Do I:

a) Simply upload all the vehicle walk arounds to my dealerships YouTube Channel like this:

1585702559250.png

b) Create a new standalone YouTube Channel - DESIGNATED TO THESE WALK AROUND INVENTORY VEHICLES ONLY ?

c) publish them "unlisted" - don't have to worry about a flurry of inventory vehicles mixed in with videos like these:

1585702828719.png

The reason I don't love the above example is that you end up with hundreds (thousands in the example above) of vehicles are sold (used vehicles). I want someone to land on my YouTube channel and be able to see more educational / entertainment videos. Will they bother sifting through a sea of old used vehicles?

Would love to hear your thoughts on how to manage Inventory Videos via YouTube.

ps. this is what it looks like on the VDP of my site once you have a video uploaded (positioned in picture 1):

1585703047398.png

I think Public for sure and creating a playlist is the way I'll go.

Do it as a stand alone channel, with playlist.

The reason for this is, if you have similar vehicles & the titles are similar, YouTube has been known to completely suspend dealership channels, for quite some time, until the case can be heard & they decide to put the channel live again.

That way, in the event the inventory videos get locked, you don't lose all other video content.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Do it as a stand alone channel, with playlist.

The reason for this is, if you have similar vehicles & the titles are similar, YouTube has been known to completely suspend dealership channels, for quite some time, until the case can be heard & they decide to put the channel live again.

That way, in the event the inventory videos get locked, you don't lose all other video content.
Yes, exactly.

29lyzq.jpg