1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Village idiot!

Discussion in 'Off Topic & Everything Else' started by Jerry Thibeau, Mar 10, 2014.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Jerry Thibeau

Jerry Thibeau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jerry
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Phone Ninjas
    Twitter Handle:
    thephoneninja
    I've seen a lot of stupid stuff in my day, but nothing tops what I am about to share with you. First let's provide a little background.

Meet Stan Sher,

Stan 4.jpg

Stan is 30 years old and considers himself a legendary trainer in the automotive industry. He's the President of his own training company that employs one person, himself. Stan has been trying to make a name for himself, but due to a lack of talent and poor choices, his company has never amounted to much more than worthless self promotion. Sean Bradley took Stan Sher under his wing and gave him a job at Dealer Synergy, but Stan was unmanageable and was eventually fired. Stan then proceeded to bad mouth his previous employer and continues doing so on a regular basis. Since leaving Sean, Stan has not done much as a consultant. A few people have given him a chance as a speaker, but he's not a very good presenter. With no revenue coming in, Stan has taken many jobs working at dealerships, not as a consultant, but as an employee. Most of these jobs have lasted less than two months and generally end in termination. I can''t begin to name the countless dealerships where this has happened. Perhaps somebody else can make the list. Reason for termination in most cases; does not play nice with others and lack of talent. With options and money running low, Stan ended up taking a job delivering Pizza's to make ends meet. Rumor has it he's now working at another dealership selling vehicles (more on that below).

Over the last several years, Stan has proceeded to alienate countless people including myself. I once tried to help him buy offering solid business advice only to watch it go in one ear and out the other. This now leads to Stan's recent idiotic move as seen by the pictures below that represent a real email sent to Elise Kepharts dealer principal.

Stan 1.jpg Stan 2.jpg Stan 3.jpg

Many of you know Elise as the Youtubediva. Elise is one of kind and she's one of the best automotive salespeople you will ever meet. She did not deserve this letter being sent to the owners of her dealership. She's a top producer at her store, and I am sure the owner recognized he was dealing with an idiot.

I believe in Karma and there's a reason Stan is delivering Pizza's. I also believe the community needs to be rid of Stan Sher. I would like to see him banned from all automotive websites and publications. I and many others have defriended him on facebook and suggest you do the same. I will publicly boycott any publication or service that allows him to have an audience.

As I am writing this I am getting additional messages from people who are being attacked by Stan. Another female working in a dealership just told me her owner got a similar message. And sadly a third person just messaged saying their manager got an e-mail as well. Stanley Esposito got the following harassing text message from Stan this morning.

Stan 8.jpg Stan 5.jpg Stan 6.jpg

Stan can't afford an attorney on a pizza delivery boy salary. Jim confirmed he never got a letter from an attorney representing Stan.

Stan 9.jpg Stan 10.jpg Stan 11.jpg

I can't imagine Stanley was the CEO of his own worthless company and then had to deliver pizza's to pay the rent. Nope I can't imagine Stanley would ever dream of that. Notice the part about how he ruined a friends girlfriends career. Apparently she happened to look at Stan's bank account and saw few deposits and many overdraft fees. When she called out his BS, he contacted the bank and had her fired for sharing his bank info. She probably should not have done that, but I wouldn't treat a friend like that.

Stan 12.jpg Stan 13.jpg

Business owner of a national company? There is a classic example of the Stan delusion!

Stan 14.jpg Stan 15.jpg Stan 16.jpg

Pizza delivery boy, entrepreneur, it's all the same thing. His last text message cracks me up. He actually thinks he's on the same level as Grant Cardone. He's even said that publicly. And telling Stanley to go walk the lot and grab an up," that's the funniest part of all this since Stan is in fact a car salesperson at Dick Greenfield CDJ. You can even see his name on the employee page (no photo yet). A person who will remain nameless called the dealership as a phone up and got Stan Sher. Get this, Stan never even asked for his name.

So there you have it folks, the real Stan Sher story!

I now ask you to take action. Defriend him on facebook. Jeff Kershner, please ban him from Dealer Refresh. Those who own publications, please do not allow him an audience. Stan will eventually go away if ignored. There's no place for him in automotive. Giving him an audience allows him to continue his delusion, which is not good for Stan. He will eventually hit rock bottom and hopefully start over in a new industry. Maybe he'll learn some lessons, but I highly doubt that.

I now hear he's calling my customers telling them they should cancel Phone Ninjas. This village idiot just doesn't know when to quit.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Bill Simmons

Bill Simmons
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Bill
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Haley Auto Group
    By responding we are all taking a chance on getting letters from the law firm. Oh well, a chance we'll have to take.

dewycheatem.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jerry Thibeau

Jerry Thibeau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jerry
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Phone Ninjas
    Twitter Handle:
    thephoneninja
    Wow the messages keep flowing with stupid Stan moments.

From an antonymous person sent on facebook:

"Funny Stan story - about 3 1/2 years ago, I was working at a CJD store near Boston as Sales Director. Stan reaches out to me asking if we had any openings for BDC Director. I told him that in addition to sales, I also ran the BDC but I'd keep him in mind if I heard of any openings. Numnuts decides to send a letter to the Dealer telling him that I was incapable of handling both the sales and Internet departments and he was losing money by having me handle both. The Dealer's response was great and only four words long..."Who are you, again?""

Followed with this message:

"Stan actually thought he could steal everyone else's ideas, pawn them off as his own and pretend like having zero track record is irrelevant. When I saw him on the list of workshop's at AutoCon in 2012, I thought to myself, the only thing he is qualified to present on is how to lose a job in 30 days or less."

Stan 20.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Manny Luna

Manny Luna
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Manny
    Dealer or Company Name:
    VL Digital Marketing
    Twitter Handle:
    @VLAutoMarketing
    Jerry

Your one of the most straight up professional businessmen I respect and follow.
    I personally watched you reach out to Stan and try to help him.

It's very sad to see someone that's had so many opportunity's from some of the best automotive professionals and just to throw it all the way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mitch Gallant

Mitch Gallant
    Expand Collapse
    Refresh Team

First Name:
    Mitch
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Capital Auto Group
    Twitter Handle:
    mitch_4
    He clearly has issues and isn't a good person.

The hypocrisy of that troll photo and what you're doing though, that's priceless... :rofl:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jlewis74

Jlewis74
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jeremy
    Twitter Handle:
    jeremyl74
    I dont know the guy and glad I dont! Jerry I will say this I will make sure and never get on your bad side !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Elise Kephart

Elise Kephart
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Elise
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Phone Ninjas
    Twitter Handle:
    theyoutubediva
    I hope everyone can see, in no way, shape or form is this a bash on Stan thread. From first glance, I know it may seem that way.

The truth of it all is, is while things haven't been spoken so many of us have tried to help him. We have messaged to him with advice. Others in our industry have even given him career opportunities and speaking opportunities.

Now given that none of us are perfect, but we manage to take advice, and handle our business. The difference with this particular situation is Stan has gone hostile and created heat. Most of us, don't respond after so long, and so many times of it happening...but it keeps on happening.

I really am lost for words for him. I am a good hearted person and don't wish anything bad to happen to him...I just hope he finds his way and stops the antics. He not only has insulted me, but has insulted my daughter who is a baby...he apologized for it, and I let it go, deleted him on social media and here we are months down the road and he has drug me into it again.

I have replied to him via text/non public several times and he just doesn't get it.

Coming from some of the top people in our industry-he needs to be let go completely and banned. He is bad for our industry.

• Like Like x 4
  9. yagoparamo

yagoparamo
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Yago
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerEProcess
    Twitter Handle:
    yagoparamo
    Elise,

I know you are busy working, mother, and getting married to a lucky guy but I would love to see your professional input here more often.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jerry Thibeau

Jerry Thibeau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jerry
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Phone Ninjas
    Twitter Handle:
    thephoneninja
    Only two people and one company have got on my bad side.

1. The person mentioned above.
    2. Mike Roscoe, who is much smarter than Stan, but trumps Stan in pure evilness! And Stan is pretty evil!
    3. TrueCar, parasites of the auto industry.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JessicaRuth

JessicaRuth
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jessica
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    whatjruthsaid
    Elise, it's great to have you here - hope you can hop in and help the community with more and more.

As far as the rest of this goes - you're clearly the better person and thriving.

• Like Like x 1