• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vin Decoder

Juls

Rust & Dust
Feb 11, 2011
First Name
Julie
OK everyone, I need a little help here. We are looking at making some changes with the pictures we are getting for our used inventory. If we make a change that will also mean loosing the company that does the vin decoding for us. Can any one suggest a good company to use for vin decoding?
Thanks....Julie

(inb4 deluge of vendors)

Julie,

I haven't seen a standalone VIN decoder in a while--most everyone has that integrated into The Place Where They Put Their Photos To Push Out To The Internet. In our case, that's eBizAutos (which I find to have great support). You'll probably want to research those two things as a package.

+1 on Homenet. One of the best full service inventory management solutions out there. Used by AutoTrader, Dealer.com, etc. Can you have your photos for used be taken and pull new directly from your DMS? Homenet is great with integrating all the different data sources too.

Would that be via Data Cube or dataone?

Autobase uses our data for Vehicle and VIN Decoding. They also started using our Service Schedules data in September.

Julie,
For a dealership looking to decode inventory through an API I would suggest our VIN Decoder API Web Service. We have many dealers who have used this product to power an in-house solution.

Best regards

Jake Maki
DataOne Software

Last edited: