• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

VinCamera - Who's using it and is it worth it?

Had the first version of the VinCamera and it was rough - we wound up using a better camera and manually uploading the pictures. The current version is saving us time and taking great pictures. When our current photo person started, it was a very easy training process and the results are top notch. You may save a few bucks by using a different camera, especially at a small dealership, but if time is money, the VinCamera is a deal.

I work for VinSolutions....

To expand on what Jeff from McDonald said, the first VinCamera was great but the photo quality was just OK. The latest VinCamera takes much higher quality photos than the original did. VinCamera is by far the easiest way to take photos of cars. Select the stock # in the camera, take the photos, and then plug in the USB cable and it all uploads by itself auto-magically. Another big difference is the camera is rugged. So it holds up to the wear and tear of daily usage on the lot. It is a great solution.

Thanks guys. When I first hear about it (during my 6 hour demo of VinSolutions) I thought this is one of the best things I have heard of. I was hoping that it was not all hype and it actually worked well. I am glad to see that people are using it and having success with it.

Syncing over wi-fi and bluetooth is in the realm of possibilities. But the USB cable works flawlessly and is extremely simple to use. Very little can go wrong plugging in a cable. Everything can go wrong with wireless and it is difficult to troubleshoot. We lean towards the K.I.S.S. principle on this one.

I love using the Vin camera to take and upload my inventory pictures. It takes a little getting used to but the time invested learning is worth it. As Matt mentioned, the best part is after you have taken the pics, plug in the usb and walk away from the computer. It loads the pics to the correct stock number. After I upload them, I generally go in and move some of them around and edit them. The new Picnik photo editor that is included is also an awesome tool. It allows you to add text to a pic for example if you wanted to point out a special feature of the car. If you have anymore questions, I'll be glad to help. Shoot me an email and I can send you my number.