• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Watch fanatics? Rolex, Omega, Tudor, Casio (the God Watch)

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
We're in the car biz. Flashy ride, a fly suit, and some wrist bling is our thing. Right???!!!

I love a classy watch. Hell, I even appreciate an iced-out baller bedazzler on someone else's wrist. Divers, chronos, dress, straps, mods, and the greatest watch of all time: Casio (Casio is the God Tier Watch)… if you like them, bring your watch affection into this thread. Maybe we can convince each other into some great investment bad spending decisions.

It all started for me with 007 Goldeneye. The Omega Seamaster 300M was on Pierce's wrist. It was the first time a timepiece caught my attention in a movie. That movie came out in 1995 and I thought about that watch until I had my first decent paycheck selling cars in 1999. I went down to my local Omega dealer and got the sticker shock: $2,200 OTD :crazy: I didn't buy the watch that day. For some reason my 19 year old brain was actually practical for a change. I did finally go back and get it in 2001. Today, I'm enjoying my 20th anniversary with that watch. However, it is in Switzerland at the moment getting serviced. That watch will go to my son one day.

Omega-Seamaster300mMid-Size-2551.80.00-91490-2.jpg

That purchase sparked many other enjoyable pieces I've collected over the years.

My grail piece just became way more important on my dad's recent death. He picked up a white face/steel Rolex Daytona about the same time I got my Seamaster. He stayed on the Daytona waiting list and picked up 3 more over the years. Until recently, the Daytona held its value fairly constant but jumped through the roof drastically. He picked his 4 up between $8,000 and $12,000 each and he recently sold them when the value of each spiked over $30,000 a pop! At the moment a white faced Daytona (any year) is going for $40,000 :banghead:

Needless to say, I am trying to get my hands on one to have something to remember him on the wrist. Unfortunately, a $40,000 Daytona isn't in the cards. Fortunately, I am on a few lists to get it at the retail price and am patient.

Do you have a "grail" watch? And what makes it special?

Reactions: craigh
I've still never been happier than when I was 8 and I got the classic 80's Casio Calculator watch that Marty McFly wore in Back to the Future. I'm still chasing that high.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.30.41 AM.png

I'll second @BrianEpro on the Tag Monaco, always loved that one.

I know this brand isn't in the same universe as Tag, Rolex, etc, but I have a slight obsession with Skagen as a brand. They're really not expensive, I just am very partial to very thin & light watches.

I have a slight obsession with Skagen as a brand. They're really not expensive, I just am very partial to very thin & light watches.

(y) to all brands and qualities. Just checked out Skagen on Chrono24 - definitely affordable! I've got a few of the affordable Seikos and Citizens that are favorites. One can totally enjoy a Tacoma with a Ferrari in the garage too.

For those of you who don't know Chrono24, don't go there :oops: because I cannot take responsibility for what you may do:hidepc: :rofl:

I've still never been happier than when I was 8 and I got the classic 80's Casio Calculator watch that Marty McFly wore in Back to the Future. I'm still chasing that high.
View attachment 5458

I'll second @BrianEpro on the Tag Monaco, always loved that one.

I know this brand isn't in the same universe as Tag, Rolex, etc, but I have a slight obsession with Skagen as a brand. They're really not expensive, I just am very partial to very thin & light watches.

I used to have several Skaggen watches. This being my first one...
skagenwatch.gif